PDA

View Full Version : Picture from Internet to Cell Phone

Peter Stahl
04-29-2009, 11:39 AM
Is there a easy way to send a photo to someone's cell phone? I have Verizon and I can only send a text message that I know of.

Pete

Jim Tobias
04-29-2009, 12:41 PM
In Outlook (if that is what you are using) create the email with email address, then go to "insert"at top menu, then select "picture", from there you choose your picture and it should show up in the body of the email. I assume that you did not want to send the picture as an attachment?

Jim

Peter Stahl
04-29-2009, 12:52 PM
In Outlook (if that is what you are using) create the email with email address, then go to "insert"at top menu, then select "picture", from there you choose your picture and it should show up in the body of the email. I assume that you did not want to send the picture as an attachment?

Jim
Jim,

What I wanted to do was just to send a picture to a cell phone with no internet access. I guess they call them picture message.

Jason Roehl
04-29-2009, 8:41 PM
If they have MMS (Multimedia Message Service, as opposed to Short Message Service, SMS, AKA text messages), there is usually an e-mail address that will reach them, such as 5555551212@mms.mycingular.com, or something like that. You just have to find out who their carrier is, and what their protocol for sending/receiving MM messages.

Peter Stahl
04-30-2009, 7:41 AM
If they have MMS (Multimedia Message Service, as opposed to Short Message Service, SMS, AKA text messages), there is usually an e-mail address that will reach them, such as 5555551212@mms.mycingular.com, or something like that. You just have to find out who their carrier is, and what their protocol for sending/receiving MM messages.

Thanks Jason. I didn't get a chance to post back but I found out that Verizon does have a way to do this. You need a account at Verizon Wireless dot com, upload a picture then attach it to a message. Sounds familiar huh, same way we post a picture here. I also didn't realize there was a SMS and MMS but I guess there are still lots of cell phones that won't get picture or video messages. Cell Phones and pockets are just a fad, they won't last, lol.