PDA

View Full Version : Finally done!!!

Dan Hintz
04-29-2009, 11:27 AM
It took me 4 months to do it, at an average of 7+ hours a day, 5 days a week (yes, really slow at work), but I have finally read every post in this forum, starting from the beginning and working my way to the present. I have bookmarked any site that looked even remotely useful to a project (leading to a bookmark file that is approaching 1MB, even with FireFox's relatively new and fairly compact bookmark file structure), I have grabbed every CDR file that I had an interest in using down the road (maybe 10% of what was ever posted), I grabbed very little clipart, and I tucked every piece of knowledge I could gather into a Word file (with project pics, the file size is 30MB+). I'm not sure I will know what to do with myself during the day... looks like I'll have to attack one of the other forums (but hopefully not one with nearly 300 pages of past posts!).

Oh, and on a nice side-note... my laser will be paid in full next week when the final bill arrives. :D Time to write my book :cool:

Steve Clarkson
04-29-2009, 11:29 AM
Dan,

There will be a quiz on Friday on everything you read.

Belinda Barfield
04-29-2009, 11:46 AM
Wow Dan! Quite a feat. So, now when I have a question I can just ask you, right?:)

Dan Hintz
04-29-2009, 12:02 PM
If settings were ever mentioned for a specific material, I can give them to you... in most cases, I can give you 5-10 different settings :p I took note of (when available) speed, power, dpi/ppi, and machine wattage. I did not make note of what machine it was run on, however, and therefore the machine's ips is unavailable... this was an oversight on my part and went unnoticed until I was about 50+ pages into the reading, but I decided since the majority of the machines mentioned were in the 75ips range, it wasn't a total loss.

I guess I can be to machine settings what Frank is to clipart :D

Jack Harper
04-29-2009, 12:32 PM
Ahhhh, but do you still remember your address? Something has got to give with that much data overload.

Phyllis Meyer
04-29-2009, 1:11 PM
Dan,

Wow you read all the posts, that's quite the accomplishment! We'll be picking your brain at the gathering, along with a written test:eek:.

Looking forward to meeting you,
Phyllis:)

Dan Hintz
04-29-2009, 1:22 PM
Don't be silly, of course I still remember my address... now if I can just remember my name I'll be set!

I jotted everything of interest down in a Word file, and I've gone back and read through it every few weeks. I imagine I can pull about 1/3rd of what's in that file from memory, and maybe only 1/2 of that would come back only if presented with a problem that required the info. As far as settings go, I can't remember a single one, so I'm always careful to write those down.