PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with Triton, NA?

Mike OMelia
04-29-2009, 10:44 AM
Yeah, I know, the whole bankruptcy thing in Australia. I have emails from the president saying Triton, NA, is AOK. But you cannot get to the website... 2 days in a row that I know of and counting.

http://www.tritonwoodworking.com/ (http://www.tritonwoodworking.com/)

Mike

glenn bradley
04-29-2009, 10:50 AM
It will be so depressing if a company that makes a good product has been managed into the ground ;-(

Mike OMelia
05-01-2009, 11:45 AM
Their website is still down. Looks like I will not be buying a Triton Router after all. Not unless a Triton rep comes in here and explains this... I am remaining open minded, but tight fisted.

Mike

Cliff Rohrabacher
05-01-2009, 2:39 PM
Their website is still down. Looks like I will not be buying a Triton Router after all. Not unless a Triton rep comes in here and explains this... I am remaining open minded, but tight fisted.

Mike

That may be a good thing.

I have their big dog 3.5 hp router. The depth adjustment features are horrible cheap cheezy plastic garbage. The plung depth stop rod lock won't stay locked the machine vibrates it loose every time. I lost all the components inside mine (little ball bearing and spring etc.) cause it'd vibrate itself apart no matter how tightly I torqued it down And using it under a table I ain't watching all the time so one of those times it vibrated itself till all the little parts were lost in the saw dust.

Triton used too much plastic. They used it where only steel and brass and aluminum should have been used and they made a machine that vibrates rather a lot.

The depth lock works OK. And the plunge does too.

I mounted mine using the plunge feed option of the router instead of a lift setup. My table is set up so I can sit on a stool and reach under to manipulate the plunge very easily
In the table I have noticed that the hefty looking dual shafts that guide the plunge option don't hold the unit very stiffly. It deflects. It feflecvts whether it's locked or not.