PDA

View Full Version : Guests !!! Please read

Ken Salisbury
02-15-2003, 11:06 AM
<p><font size="4" color="#FF0000"><b>Guests</b></font><b><font size="4" color="#FF0000">:</font></b>&nbsp;&nbsp;
Take time to register so it will be easier to use when you come back the next
time.&nbsp; We are all new here and need to get acquainted.&nbsp; I notice there
are 17 of you here at this moment.</p>

Howard Norman
02-15-2003, 11:41 AM
OK Ken, I have registered. How are you feeling after the surgery?

Howard

Aaron Koehl
02-15-2003, 2:01 PM
Not to mention the hidden benefits of registering-- Once you register, all dates/times will be displayed in the timezone that you select.

Guests all view Greenwich Meridian Time (GMT).

- Aaron

Ted Shrader
02-15-2003, 5:27 PM
Keith et al -

Any thought on rules for the board? The one I was thinking of was requiring at least a name not just a handle. Could be first, last, both whatever. That lends itself to a friendlier and less anonymous environment.

Added benefit is when you meets the people at various get togethers the correlation is easy - not I'm Ted, but my handle is "Supertoe", it is nice to see you.

Regards,
Ted

Keith Outten
02-15-2003, 6:06 PM
Ted,

We plan to stick closely to the rules at Badger Pond. First and last names, no politics or religious posts, etc. We will be a little more open about links to outside web sites as long as it doesn't get out of hand, but no advertising or commercial promotions of any kind will be tolerated.

When he can find the time Aaron will edit the registration form here to let people know to use their first and last names. We are working on the text for our legal and board rules pages.

Ken Salisbury
02-15-2003, 6:09 PM
Originally posted by Howard Norman
OK Ken, I have registered. How are you feeling after the surgery?

Howard
Feeling OK - thanks for asking