PDA

View Full Version : Finally.....A Chance To Gloat

Brian Riley
08-05-2004, 8:01 AM
Well, the bandsaw was finally delivered yesterday here at work (we have a warehouse with loading docks). Proposed delivery time was between 10:00am - 3:00pm (sounds like the cable company). Finally at 5:45pm, after the receiving dept. and warehouse had closed at 5:00, I was doing my best to remember how to operate a forklift and was unloading the saw off the truck. All I need to do now is get it from here to home and into the the shop.

WHOOHOO......

Brian

Jim Becker
08-05-2004, 8:23 AM
Congratulations, Brian...and don't forget the SMC mantra: "We Like Pictures"!!!

Donnie Raines
08-05-2004, 8:32 AM
You know.....I dont believe that you got this saw...I think you are pulling our leg's......Pictures....Pictures!.....Pictures!!... ..... :D :D

Brian Riley
08-05-2004, 8:56 AM
Ok...you caught me. I was lying - :rolleyes:

I promise, when I get it back to the shop, unwrap it and cleaned off, I will take some pics and post them. Bear with me though, the shop is in a bit of disarray due to the upgrading / renovation.

Brian

Mike Mastin
08-05-2004, 9:19 AM
My shop is always under construction, so I have never been able to provide good photos of it either :-) If it ever gets clean I might find all of those missing tools!:D

Michael Ballent
08-05-2004, 9:23 AM
Oh I like that excuse ;)

Tyler Howell
08-05-2004, 11:58 AM
What, Where, Who, How big??? Many rules have been broken here:mad: .

We have ways of making you talk...... Better yet cough up the PIX;)

Kelly C. Hanna
08-05-2004, 9:52 PM
I see NOTHING! Just kidding (and quoting Sargent Schultz)...seriously, very nice gloat even if we don't have pics or names.

Brian Riley
08-06-2004, 8:08 AM
Ok....Ok I understand the rules and pictures will be getting posted - promise. But you have to understand what I've been going through. The saw was delivered on Wed. evening. Yesterday was a LONG day here at work and didn't have the chance to get it loaded into the truck. It is now Friday morning and the saw is still sitting in our warehouse and is quite lonely. Weather looks good for today and the ride home. However I have an A/C repair job waiting for me when I get home so it looks like the most I'll be able to do tonight is unload it and leave it sitting until tomorrow. But then I have a convertible top to replace tomorrow so it probably won't be until late afternoon when I even get a chance to uncrate the thing.

Geez...talk about feeling like a kid at Christmas being forced to wait to open his presents - :(

BTW - it's the MM16

Brian

Jim Becker
08-06-2004, 8:47 AM
Brian...we like pictures of crates, too...

And BTW, congrats on the new MM16! Excellent choice, if I do say so, myself...

Ken Fitzgerald
08-06-2004, 9:32 AM
PICS @#$%^&*()_+_^%$#@!~
Gloats must be accompanied by PICS

Brian Riley
08-06-2004, 9:38 AM
Ok, here are some quick pics of the saw. Notice the pallet runners were broken at the front of the saw causing the extreme tilt. I saw this when the driver opened the trailer door and all kinds of things ran through my mind. After a thorough inspection (or the best I could do while it's still wrapped up) everything looked to be in good order. Sure glad it had some sort of "crate" built around it other wise it would've been all over the tractor trailer's floor. They didn't even have it strapped up against the trailer wall.

Pete Lamberty
08-06-2004, 10:55 AM
Hi Brian, Not to alarm you but it maybe a good idea to email those photos to MM. Let them know how it arrived so if you have any problems with the bandsaw you will have a photo history of the way it arrived. Do this just as a precaution.

Brian Riley
08-06-2004, 10:58 AM
Thanks Pete.....I appreciate the concern. I had emailed the sales rep letting him know all about the shipping schedule (or lack thereof) and the condition in which it was shipped. However I will hang on to these pics for future use if needed.

Brian

Ken Fitzgerald
08-06-2004, 1:24 PM
Major Drool!!!! :D :D :D :D

(Tyler.....call of the PICS hit squad! Bryan's complied!) :eek: :rolleyes: :p

Tom LaRussa
08-06-2004, 2:32 PM
(Tyler.....call off the PICS hit squad! Bryan's complied!)
HAH!

So he posted a pic of a MM 16"-er. How do we know it's HIS? I don't see him)or anyone, for that matter) in those pics. These pics could be fakes... ;) :D

Larry Ogborn
08-06-2004, 6:21 PM
Brian

I had to laugh when I saw your picture. I also
was fortunate enough to buy a MM16. I went
up to Medford Oregon yesterday to pick it up.

My heart sank when I pulled into the trucking
yard and saw the same thing as your picture.
Fortunately there was no damage to it and I now
have it setting in my shop. What a super machine.
This is my first bandsaw and I am really excited
about using it.

I also passed the broken pallet info on to the
sales rep. He has been exceptionally helpful.

Larry:D :D

Cecil Arnold
08-06-2004, 8:17 PM
Congratulations on your MM16, I know you will love it, as it is a quality tool. I think the sorry pallet and cleaning off the nasty oil is a rite of passage for all MM owners, except perhaps Chris Pidilla who found a bargain on his MM20.