PDA

View Full Version : Incra LS

Paul Redfern
04-28-2009, 5:19 PM
Looks like i get to permanently borrow an Incra LS for my router table. Any tips or tricks from LS owners would sure be appreciated

Paul

Dave Hale
04-28-2009, 9:28 PM
Make sure you get the oversized manual with and read it, over & over again. The process is not intuitive, but it works.
I've also found that during the process of making dovetails, I would inadvertently move the 'tape' during the repeated 'shifting' of the fence, screwing up the piece. I've since learned to use one of the other tapes as a reference point so I'll notice if the main one's shifted. :rolleyes:

Paul Redfern
04-29-2009, 11:27 AM
Thanks Dave. Just the type of advice i was looking for. Learn best from my own mistakes, but can always learn from others as well. I wondered about the tape moving after watching the demos. Can you tape down the tape?:D

Paul

Mike Goetzke
04-29-2009, 2:11 PM
I have the 17" on my TS mounted RT and love the accuracy. Did you get the whole set up (book, templates, stop, sled..)?

Mike

Dave Hale
04-29-2009, 4:29 PM
You could put a spot of tape on the end of the rule furthest from the clamping mechanism. I find I use my right hand to lock/unlock and my left to move the fence with my left hand covering the tape. Doesn't move unless you touch it. Just have to pay attention.

Paul Redfern
05-02-2009, 4:58 PM
My friend just dropped off the Incra and it is an Ultra model that he bought in 99. It looks like it was not used much, maybe some attempts at a few dovetails. More damage was done in storage than in usage. The cursor is broke,the bottom edge of the outfeed side of the fence is pretty nicked up,and the plywood runners on the right angle fixture have some pretty good dovetail chunks taken out of them. All fixable though.
Have the owners manual, and manuals for the fence and right angle jig. The templates and book are there, but a couple of templates are broke also. Is the DVD worth getting(about 20.00)???? Woodpeckers even has an old VHS (and i still have a machine:eek:)How about the projects book?? Would that be helpful in famaliarizing and learning the jig??
Thanks ahead of time. Gone till Tuesday

Paul