PDA

View Full Version : My First Tile Job

Michael Simpson Virgina
04-28-2009, 1:13 PM
OK I got my first tile job and I dont even have my laser yet. Its to be on white tiles. I ordered a bunch of white lasertiles from 3score.

Its to be done with 4x4 tiles.

The actual mural will only be 4 tiles by 3 tiles. I have three images that they have chosen (Shown below) and will decide on the final once I laser a single tile with each.

Not sure where to even start on this. The images shown are smaller than the original due to space but the original is a crop of about 2900x2250.

Dan Hintz
04-28-2009, 1:36 PM
At least they are providing you with artwork of sufficient resolution!

I like somewhat abstract designs, but even so, I don't much care for the first two designs... they're too sharp in one area and too soft in others, never a perfect mix (for my eyes, at least). I like how the earring stands out in the first, but then the outline of the heads is too strong... either some of the other features should be made stronger or the outlines should be made a bit softer.

Where will the tiles be placed when all is said and done?

Michael Simpson Virgina
04-28-2009, 1:52 PM
Not sure where they will be placed. I believe the tiles are to be a gift. They may have them set and framed first. I am not offering that service (Yet)

The artwork is mine. Its from a photo I took at their wedding. The first two pieces I have total control so I can soften or lines or even combine them.

I was not sure how well the original transfers (grayscale wise) to the lasertile. I have a couple examples and they look real good, but not having done any myself not sure how they will turn out.

Steven Wallace
04-29-2009, 10:42 AM
Please be sure and update us with your success on this project. We are not here to purposely copy someone's work but as you know seeing one thing often leads us down a new path... or the rabbit hole depending on the book you're reading.