PDA

View Full Version : What I Bought at the Auction #2

Boyd Gathwright
08-04-2004, 11:48 PM
Last Saturday July 31, I went to a heavy equipment auction nearby in which I participated. Usually, they start the day out with tool sales. Then, as a rule, they sell the larger lawn tractors and medium to somewhat larger construction equipment, Bob Cats, attachments, generators, air equipment etc. After this, or as this is finishing up, they start selling the building materials, domestic goods, small lawnmowers, some farm attachments, fencing etc. Finally, the heavy equipment, backhoes, large tractors, bulldozers, flat bed tractor trailers, cranes of all sizes and shapes, cherry pickers and vertical scaffolding of all sizes, Cars and regular trucks half and three quarter ton and larger trucks. Below is a list and pics of what I purchased at the auction.

TOOLS:

$15.00 - 21 pc. Cobalt Drill Set, 1/16 thru 3/8.
$3.00 - 300 pc. External Series Snap Ring Assortment.
$8.00 - 407 pc. “O” Ring set with case.
$2.00 - 5 pc. Polyester Paint Brush Set, Plastic handles.
$15.00 - 3/8 x 50’ Goodyear Professional Air Hose, 800 P.S.I. burst pressure, Extra soft and flexible hose.
$12.00 - Air Grease Gun.
$4.00 - Heavy Duty Scraper, 4” wide for removal of paint.
$4.00 - 10” Power Crimping Tool.
$3.00 - Large Umbrella, for shop to house.
$2.00 - Angle Locator, plastic - lightweight.
$5.00 - 12 pc. Hollow Punch Set, 1/8 thru ¾.
$10.00 - 2 pc. ($5.00 each) 36” Bar Clamps.
$15.00 - 5 pc. ($3.00 each) 2 7/8 Steel wheels.
Ref. What I Bought at the Auction #1:
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=10168

Continued: 1 0f 2

Boyd Gathwright
08-05-2004, 12:02 AM
Continued: 2 0f 2

Building materials, domestic goods:

1.) $6.00 - Agri-Fab Lawn Sweeper, (Note: will have to get or improvise a bag for this)
2.) $20.00 - Three (3) new Aluminum Storm Doors, (will use one on side shop door to keep rain from coming in under door)
3.) $1.00 - Heavy Duty Steel Cart. (Will high-pressure wash, lightly sand rust off and repaint. Perhaps making a nice mobile tool caddy). They also threw in an extra Lawnmower on this sale and what appeared to have a very good Briggs and Stratton engine. I gave mower to my neighbor after requesting the four good wheels. I have other mowers that can use these wheels.
4.)$1.00 - Fifty (50) Steel Shelf’s, 3’ X 2’, (Will use on inside wall of house garage for shelving)
5.) $2.00 - One (1) Box, 18” X 12” of steel dies, all small sizes and shapes, (Will use as SUPPORT fixtures in my press) Picture not shown, when we unloaded, this box was so heavy it was one of the first to be put away and as a result it’s picture was overlooked.
“CHEAP” is a word that I often hear in AUCTION circles, especially from those who are NEW, NOVICES, and the inexperienced. I never go to an auction with the intent of buying cheap stuff, which in my option is a waste of my time. I do however; go to an auction with the intent of buying only QUALITY items at a VERY GOOD price not cheap! There are lots of people who go just to participate, not really interested in the quality that they’re bidding on. If you talk to them, they will tell you they’re interested in quality also but their BIDDING tells another story. To me a GOOD BUY at an INEXPENSIVE price is what auctions are all about.

Boyd ;)

Last Saturday July 31, I went to a heavy equipment auction nearby in which I participated. Usually, they start the day out with tool sales. Then, as a rule, they sell the larger lawn tractors and medium to somewhat larger construction equipment, Bob Cats, attachments, generators, air equipment etc. After this, or as this is finishing up, they start selling the building materials, domestic goods, small lawnmowers, some farm attachments, fencing etc. Finally, the heavy equipment, backhoes, large tractors, bulldozers, flat bed tractor trailers, cranes of all sizes and shapes, cherry pickers and vertical scaffolding of all sizes, Cars and regular trucks half and three quarter ton and larger trucks. Below is a list and pics of what I purchased at theauction.

TOOLS:

$15.00 - 21 pc. Cobalt Drill Set, 1/16 thru 3/8.
$3.00 - 300 pc. External Series Snap Ring Assortment.
$8.00 - 407 pc. “O” Ring set with case.
$2.00 - 5 pc. Polyester Paint Brush Set, Plastic handles.
$15.00 - 3/8 x 50’ Goodyear Professional Air Hose, 800 P.S.I. burst pressure, Extra soft and flexible hose.
$12.00 - Air Grease Gun.
$4.00 - Heavy Duty Scraper, 4” wide for removal of paint.
$4.00 - 10” Power Crimping Tool.
$3.00 - Large Umbrella, for shop to house.
$2.00 - Angle Locator, plastic - lightweight.
$5.00 - 12 pc. Hollow Punch Set, 1/8 thru ¾.
$10.00 - 2 pc. ($5.00 each) 36” Bar Clamps.
$15.00 - 5 pc. ($3.00 each) 2 7/8 Steel wheels.

Continued: 1 0f 2

Michael Ballent
08-05-2004, 12:46 AM
Nice haul :) Especially the shelves, even as scrap metal they are worth more than what you paid for them. Good gloat

Tyler Howell
08-05-2004, 7:02 AM
;) Does this guy know how to shop good haul Boyd!