PDA

View Full Version : Vector Cutting Order Help

Rob Patterson
04-27-2009, 9:48 AM
I am trying to get my Epilog 36ext to cut the attached Corel file in a specific order to reduce the amount of time it takes on the machine. I have tried to order the objects in the Object Manager, I have tried using color mapping, I tried the items on separate layers; nothing seems to work.

Ideally, I would like to use color mapping so I can slow down the cut of the solid line and speed up the perforated lines. I would also like to see this thing cut in one continuous line (or as close as that as possible.)

Is this too much to ask????

Dave Johnson29
04-27-2009, 10:30 AM
I am trying to get my Epilog 36ext to cut the attached Corel file in a specific order to reduce the amount of time it takes on the machine.

Most modern machine driver software orders the vector cutting so outside cuts are done after inside cuts etc. e.g. Cut the hole in the donut before cutting the outside.

If you can disable the Order function in the driver then start a new drawing and copy and paste the components in the order you want them done, that might do it for you.

I know that method works on my ULS machine but it is a 1992 vintage model with a driver that runs under Windows 3.1. :eek:

{edit}
Just another thought. You could put the items on individual layers as I think you have tried, but set the Print icon off for them all.

Name the layers with numbers.

Write a small VBA script (WHILE DO) to cycle through the layer numbers and activate the Print icon and send it to the printer.

Deactivate the Print icon and step top the next layer.
{/edit}

Tim Bateson
04-27-2009, 11:06 AM
You should be using the 8.02 version of Epilog's print driver. On the lower right of the first tab Check "Vector Sorting" & set it to Optimize.

That's all I've been able to tweak. I've tried your other options and have had the same results in the past. The driver sorts and cuts in it's own order. Even running the same job twice it'll cut in a different order.

I feel your frustration & I hope someone here has a better solution.

Lee DeRaud
04-27-2009, 11:27 AM
You should be using the 8.02 version of Epilog's print driver. On the lower right of the first tab Check "Vector Sorting" & set it to Optimize.

That's all I've been able to tweak. I've tried your other options and have had the same results in the past. The driver sorts and cuts in it's own order. Even running the same job twice it'll cut in a different order.

I feel your frustration & I hope someone here has a better solution.Isn't there an option for "none", where it just cuts in the order Corel "prints" it? That's back-to-front (IIRC), which you can drag-and-drop to your heart's content in the Object Manager docker...much easier than the 'Arrange->Order' menu.

The only thing this doesn't help with is the order your driver cuts non-contiguous complex 'curves': you may have to select compound entities and do a 'break curve apart' to get the arrangement right.

Andrea Weissenseel
04-27-2009, 11:46 AM
maybe this version works, I left the objects in the colors they were, just moved them back to one layer and ordered them inside out. What I also did though was combining the curves

Andrea

Rob Patterson
04-27-2009, 12:26 PM

Well, I had been using an older version of the print driver (a comfort thing I guess) but I upgraded to the 8.02 version and tried the vector sorting/optimize. It worked a lot better.

It went from 4 min 45 seconds to just a little over 3 minutes. I am going to play with the color mapping to see if I can get it a little quicker.

Thank you all very much for the replies!!!!

I will keep you posted.....