PDA

View Full Version : Walnut & Copper

Bob Haverstock
04-26-2009, 9:01 PM
MY wife and I are going to a blacksmithing conference this coming weekend. We attended it last year, but we had brought nothing for the auction. Well, I remebered that today. I started with a quick and dirty copper medalion. My wife, Lilly patinized it with livewr of sulfur. I turned a quick walnut base for the medalion. I need to put a bit more finish on the walnut.

Gee, I hope someone buys it.

Bob

alex carey
04-26-2009, 9:06 PM
Looks good but I'm not sure what BAM stands for. Little help? My only guess was blacksmiths association of _______.

Bob Haverstock
04-26-2009, 9:15 PM
Alex,

Blacksmiths's Association of Missouri. Sorry, I should have said that in the post.

Bob

Bernie Weishapl
04-26-2009, 9:53 PM
Great looking piece Bob. Should be well received.

Jim Kountz
04-26-2009, 11:18 PM
Man, you whipped that together you say? Id love to see what you do when you take your time, that thing looks great!! Good luck with it!!

Bob Haverstock
04-27-2009, 7:00 AM
Man, you whipped that together you say? Id love to see what you do when you take your time, that thing looks great!! Good luck with it!!

Jim,
I guess I've watched too many Richard Raffan flicks.( big old grin) I was recently given 25 or so VHS tapes on wood working.

Bob

Mike Stephens
04-27-2009, 7:35 AM
Very Nice. I'm sure it will sell.

Steve Schlumpf
04-27-2009, 8:35 AM
Bob - very nice work! Beautiful walnut & finish! I like the patinized look to the copper! You didn't mention size on this and there is nothing in the photo for a reference. Hope this sells quickly for you - it should! Very nice work!

Bob Haverstock
04-27-2009, 9:13 AM
Steve,

It is about 5 1/2" in diameter. It will be donated to the group for their fund raising auction.

Folks, thanks for the comments.

Bob