PDA

View Full Version : Laguna Driftmaster not quite square to table

John Myers
04-26-2009, 3:27 PM
I purchased a Driftmaster and installed it on my Laguna LT18 bandsaw. It seemed to work pretty good with the fence in the short edge configuration. But with the fence in the tall position, it was slightly out of square with the table, and the Driftmaster platform is about 1/16-inch high of the table.

I kept thinking that I needed to add some shims, but then I checked the squareness of the fence to the actual Driftmaster platform - it was dead on square. So then I realized that the problem wasn't with the fence, or the Driftmaster, but with the holes on the side of the table that the fence attached to. They were just a tad bit too high, and perhaps not quite parallel to each other.

So now what do I do? File the holes on the side of the table down a bit? That seems like the easiest solution.

Mike Heidrick
04-26-2009, 4:10 PM
Are you using the brackets?

Steve Rozmiarek
04-26-2009, 4:23 PM
John, my Driftmaster is a retrofit to an Oliver saw, and I drilled the holes. I got them off a bit, getting the same result as you have now. I just egged them out a bit to get everything lined up. It works fine to do that.

John Myers
04-26-2009, 5:00 PM
Ah! I think that was it. The one hole I had to drill was at the right hight, but probably was exactly perpendicular. I did a little bit of filing and it is very, very close to square now, and the platform is flush with the table. I might need to edge the hole with the file just a little bit more.

Much happier with it now. I want to do some resawing. It should work much better now.