PDA

View Full Version : Cabinet software ?

Jim Harsha
08-03-2004, 11:43 PM
Anyone got any input about Cabinet Creator software? Possible kitchen redo on the horizon and thought this might make the job easier. Thanks for your input.

Don Selke
08-04-2004, 12:12 AM
Hi Jim:

I have used this software for about two years and it is a quick accurate way to build cabinets. You have to make sure that you and Cabinet Creator are on the same track as to how a cabinet is constructed. One of the problems that I found with the software is that I always use dados for the fixed bottom shelf or base of the cabinet. There design is for a butt joint, therefore I use there figures and add the depth of the dado manually to the final figures for the bottom shelf width. They recommend that if you use dado joints, that you enter the side panel width minus the dado depth. If you are using 3/4" side panels and are cutting 1/4" dados, enter the side panel thickness as 1/2". The only problem that I found with doing this is that it throws off the rear panel measurements as well as the nailers. You have to follow the instructions and add all the data correctly. Once you catch on to the procedures, it is a fast efficient design tool.
They have two versions of the software, one for rail and stile cabinets and one for euro stile cabinetry. I use the rail and stile software but may some day purchase the latter.
You can download a trial version of this software on there website for a 30 day free trial unless they changed this offer.

Roger Kirkpatrick
08-04-2004, 2:28 AM
I don't know anything about this software. I use e-Cabinet Systems for kitchen cabinet design.
It is free to cabinet makers (businesses).