PDA

View Full Version : Preference for miter station track and stops?

travis howe
04-26-2009, 11:21 AM
It looks like Kreg makes a setup of 8feet w/ two stops and measurement rulers included. Incra also makes something similiar for miter stations.

Was wondering if there were other out there or if someone has other ideas / products?

Thanks

Jim Kountz
04-26-2009, 2:29 PM
I sunk my miter saw down between two work benches then set t-track off to either side in dadoes so that the saw bed and the t-track are all level with the bench surface. This way I can just slide a stop anywhere I need along the track and when Im not using it I still have full use of the two benches. Id take a picture but I have it all broke down right now doing some spring cleaning in the shop. Arrrrggghhhhh!!

Alan Schaffter
04-26-2009, 4:52 PM
Like Jim, I recessed my miter saw in my bench.

I generally don't like T-track on the surface of a tables like on my drill press- it is always getting filled with dust, metal debris, and small tools and parts. So, I knew I didn't want to have the same situation on my main bench.

Instead I mounted some T-track to the bench cabinet face frame rail, just below the overhanging lip of the bench. Using a Rockler cam clamp, toilet bolt with filed head, and a dowel for the handle, I made a small stop that is miniature version of the Unifence. It firmly locks in the T-track, can be easily moved by lifting and unlocking the handle, and can be totally removed easily with less than a quarter turn of the handle. I put a sticky-backed measuring tape on a 1/2" wide bevel cut in the top front edge of the bench.

Sorry no pics. I don't know, but Wixey may be working on a mitersaw version of their digital table saw fence.

Jim Kountz
04-26-2009, 5:22 PM
Like Jim, I recessed my miter saw in my bench.

I generally don't like T-track on the surface of a tables like on my drill press- it is always getting filled with dust, metal debris, and small tools and parts. So, I knew I didn't want to have the same situation on my main bench.

Instead I mounted some T-track to the bench cabinet face frame rail, just below the overhanging lip of the bench. Using a Rockler cam clamp, toilet bolt with filed head, and a dowel for the handle, I made a small stop that is miniature version of the Unifence. It firmly locks in the T-track, can be easily moved by lifting and unlocking the handle, and can be totally removed easily with less than a quarter turn of the handle. I put a sticky-backed measuring tape on a 1/2" wide bevel cut in the top front edge of the bench.

Sorry no pics. I don't know, but Wixey may be working on a mitersaw version of their digital table saw fence.

Now that sounds like a heck of an idea. May have to steal that one from you!! ;)

Robert Parrish
04-26-2009, 5:24 PM
I use the Kreg on my miter station on both sides of the saw and it works great!