PDA

View Full Version : Carvewright owners

Bruce Page
04-25-2009, 8:01 PM
I’m thinking about taking a look at this. At $750 it sounds like it might be a good deal. He claims that it’s only been used twice on very small projects. What should I look for as far as potential problems?

Thanks

Bruce Volden
04-25-2009, 8:53 PM
Bruce

I have one of the earlier machines. If you are "handy", mechanically inclined, foreward thinking, patient.... it is a fun machine. I should note it is a HOBBY unit not for production but can do wonderful carvings!!! I wish I could have bought mine for the price you state but I shelled out almost 3K (bits, scanner....) Were it me, I might go for it again at that price.

Bruce

ed vitanovec
04-25-2009, 10:52 PM
I would get the serial number and call carvewright, they will be able to tell you what generation it is. Thats what I did with mine and made my decision easier once I found out it was the newest generation. I got mine for $700 and was new with shipping damage, parts came out to $63.00. I think the $750 price is well worth it. Mine was never registered so when I did register it I got the warranty. If this machine is still under warranty see if it is transferable. Good luck!

Regards!
Ed

AL Ursich
04-26-2009, 11:15 AM
I would get the serial number and call carvewright, they will be able to tell you what generation it is. Thats what I did with mine and made my decision easier once I found out it was the newest generation. I got mine for $700 and was new with shipping damage, parts came out to $63.00. I think the $750 price is well worth it. Mine was never registered so when I did register it I got the warranty. If this machine is still under warranty see if it is transferable. Good luck!

Regards!
Ed

Good Call. I have 3 machines, 2 and 3 purchased used for less then $700.00

I don't think the warranty is transferable to the second owner. They have tightened up on that. #2 was over a year ago but #3 was not.

I post under digitalwoodshop over on the CarveWright Forum and give advice on fixing them.

Good Luck. I say it is a good deal....

AL

Leigh Costello
04-26-2009, 12:37 PM
As the others have stated, go for it. I love mine.

Bruce Page
04-26-2009, 12:41 PM
Thanks guys, I’ve been conversing with him via email. He said he “got it last November” the last question was “do you have a receipt?” I haven’t got a response back yet.
I might go for it if I hear back from him. If I don’t hear back from him I’ll figure he didn’t like the receipt question and it’s probably stolen.

Bruce Page
04-26-2009, 6:58 PM
The guy never got back to me so I'm going to blow this one off.
Thanks for the replies.

AL Ursich
04-29-2009, 11:07 PM
Too Bad... Asking for the Serial Number and checking with LHR would have told me if it was stolen.

AL

Dave Garcia
07-02-2009, 11:42 PM
Bruce,

If you are still looking for a CarveWright, you might want to look up The Little Red Wood Shop and speak with Jason Allen. I bought my complete unit, bits and scanner for just a little over $2k, with free shipping. Jason is an authorized LHR dealer. He also has a forum for CarveWright owners. Check it out.

Hope this helps.

Dave Garcia :)
The Wood Block, Ltd