PDA

View Full Version : Biesemeyer sliding table opinions

Jim McCarty
04-25-2009, 1:26 PM
I have an opportunity to buy a Biesemeyer sliding table that is in mint condition. I know it's no longer made so my thought is that it must not have been very popular or it was overpriced. It seems to be very well built and should last for many years. I've made several homemade sleds over the past 30 years, but am tempted to buy this one. Has anyone had any experience with these and what are your opinions? What would be a fair price to pay for one? Thanks in advance. Jim

Larry Edgerton
04-25-2009, 3:43 PM
One of my friends has one in his shop and it is a nice addition to his PM66, and seems pretty accurate. It doesn't have the mass of a normal carrage saw but with reasonable care he is able to do very nice work.

Jim McCarty
05-01-2009, 11:44 AM
Thanks Larry for your response. I went and saw the unit and it was in great shape. Bought it. I had to move the runners since it was set up for a PM cabinet saw. It's really well made and came with Biesmeyer stops and their flip stop. Makes repete cuts super easy and accurate. The only thing I did was to remove the plastic guard that covers the kerf. I sometimes drop a 2'x8' sheet of melamine or mdf in my sled to cut to length for cabinet ends and having to slide it in from the side because of the guard was going to be a pain. This is far from my first sled but it will have it's place. It's pretty large so I probably won't use it for small items though. We'll see. Thanks again.