PDA

View Full Version : 6 lb. Burger in PA?

Chris Padilla
08-03-2004, 4:57 PM
Where's the beef?

It's at a Pennsylvania pub that serves the world's biggest burger weighing in at SIX lip-smacking pounds! That's no whopper: you can actually get this meat monster for $23.95, loaded with all the fixins:

Two whole tomatoes
A half-head of lettuce
12 slices of American cheese
A full cup of peppers
Two entire onions
Plus a river of mayonnaise, ketchup, and mustard

Denny's Beer Barrel Pub is renowned for its 6 lb. burgers. National
and local newspapers have reviewed the burger and its main appeal seems to be...

NO ONE HAS FINISHED IT!!

Got this from a buddy in an email...any truth to it? Anyone heard of it?

Edit: http://www.dennysbeerbarrelpub.com/6lbburger.htm (http://www.dennysbeerbarrelpub.com/6lbburger.htm)

Confirmed!

David Wilson
08-03-2004, 5:13 PM
You are making me hungry!

Paul Downes
08-03-2004, 7:10 PM
I can guarantee that if my wife’s uncle was still alive he would finish that burger and look for more. I’ve never seen a person put the food away like this guy. The first time I met him he showed up just after diner time and brought 2 gallons of ice cream for desert. He handed one of those gallons to the MIL and sat down and ate the other gallon all by himself! He is still somewhat of a legend on Michigan’s Kewenaw peninsula. Henie did everything to extremes. He once worked nonstop for 3 days and 2 nights cutting down trees as a logger. He said he was curious about how long he could work without rest. He set a record that stands today for loading an anti-aircraft gun on a destroyer during gun drills in the Korean war. They made a movie of him loading this gun at an incredible rate of fire. He said “oh it’s no big deal, it’s just like ‘trowen blocks a woot in der stove” It seems that the house he grew up in was so leaky that they had to keep the stove stoked all the time. Henie was a big guy that was a talented guitar player/bouncer/singer and we do miss his stories and humor. He died of alcoholism a few years ago. He struggled with this problem his whole life and was a force to behold when he got liquored up. I still hear stories from strangers who find out I’m a relation about him clearing out bars and knocking heads together for people who were too rambunctious or disrespectful of women.

Chris Padilla
08-03-2004, 7:49 PM
LOL, Paul. I catch that hot dog eating contest that Nathan's puts on once a year at Coney Island in New York City and I couldn't help but think of how well some of those participants might do to pound 6 lbs. of cow + fixins down! :D

It is one heckuva burger but I wouldn't hesitate to give it a shot! YUM!

I sent this to a buncha colleagues here at work and a few started googling to find a big burger around Northern California...no dice last I heard! :rolleyes:

Waymon Campbell
08-03-2004, 9:04 PM
Chris - I think I had one of those at the Five Barns Picnic...

Jim Becker
08-03-2004, 9:24 PM
Chris - I think I had one of those at the Five Barns Picnic...
Waymon, that was a black walnut bowl blank...it accidently got set on the food table and then disappeared...:eek: ;) :D

Waymon Campbell
08-03-2004, 9:31 PM
Waymon, that was a black walnut bowl blank...it accidently got set on the food table and then disappeared...:eek: ;) :D

ROFLOL... I thought it tasted a little dry :D :D .

Pete Lamberty
08-04-2004, 6:45 AM
There is a place here in Illinois that has a three pounder. We thought that was big. They have a deal that if you finish it at the resturant you get it for free. :D

Charles McKinley
08-04-2004, 11:11 AM
Hey Chris,

Where in PA is it? I would just like to see one some time but it is a big state and I don't get out east often enough.

Kurt Aebi
08-04-2004, 11:31 AM
Charles,

It is in Clearfield.

Here is their Address.

Denny's Beer Barrel Pub
1423 Dorey St.
Clearfield, PA 16830
(814) 765-7190

Charles McKinley
08-04-2004, 11:38 AM
Thanks Kurt,

I was just in Clearfield a couple of weeks ago playing tank rat (welder). It is about an hour from here. I quess I'll have to make a trip out some day. If anyone else goes ther there is a huge gun shop and outdoor store ther called Grice's gun shop. It is also a neat place to see.

Andy London
08-04-2004, 1:24 PM
I had to drop into the office two weeks ago on a Saturday, the staff had ordered a pizza and were trying to eat it all, there is a place here that hakes a 62" square pizza, $58.00 with the works. They had to bring it in sideways and have a special delivery van.......I had a piece and it was actually really good.

Norman Hitt
08-04-2004, 6:07 PM
Gosh, that thing sounds like a place in Amarillo, Tx that has a Big Steak deal. They have a 72 oz steak that if you eat all of it within 1 hour, including all the trimmings, which include a salad, monstrous baked potato, Rolls, and iced tea, it's free. Over the years there have been quite a few that have done it, and it's always comical when some little dried up fellow does it and his Big Buddies can't. I was there one night several years ago when that happened, and to really rub their noses in it, the little guy ordered a piece of pie when he finished the steak, and ate that too.

Boy the pictures of that Hamburger sure look good and it's making me hungry.

Rich Konopka
08-04-2004, 7:46 PM
ROFLOL... I thought it tasted a little dry :D :D .
Waymon:

I bet you didn't need a toothpick when you were done :D :eek: :D

Chris Padilla
08-04-2004, 8:11 PM
Waymon:

I bet you didn't need a toothpick when you were done :D :eek: :D
...perhpas not but maybe a needle and tweezers?! :p

Tony Falotico
08-04-2004, 8:14 PM
Was out to lunch with a group of guy's yesterday at a place that had a 3 lb'r -- three one lb patties on a bun that we all joked about (no one actually ordered one though). E-mailed your link to all of them last night, now we are looking for a project in PA that we need to 'go see'!

Terry Stapleton
08-04-2004, 10:13 PM
Hmm, how come I haven't heard about this place? I live about 20 miles from Clearfield. I think I'll "diet" for a couple of days and then go have a look.

Chad Pater
08-04-2004, 11:32 PM

That is a classic Jim.

Chris Damm
08-05-2004, 9:03 AM
I ate that steak in Amarillo in 1968 in 42 minutes. Best piece of meat I've ever had. I thought about ordering a 2nd one! I'm 6'4" and weighed about 265# back then but my buddy was about 150# and he finished his a couple of minutes behind me.
Chris

Chris Padilla
08-05-2004, 10:12 AM
In watching the Food Eating Contests on Discovery channel, they had some doctors theorizing that a person's size had about zero to do with how much food they could pack into their stomachs. It mostly had to do with the size their stomachs could stretch along with some mental toughness.

Those Nathan's contests in NYC have a Japanese kid who is quite skinny setting new world record's eating hotdogs every year. I think 55 was the last one and he broke his own 50 set the year before.