PDA

View Full Version : I've Been BUSY

George Guadiane
04-24-2009, 11:00 PM
I made a donut chuck and finished a few pieces with it...
OH, I also got some leather dye. The blue thing is cherry.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-24-2009, 11:03 PM
Great looking donut chuck and even better looking projects!

Jeff Nicol
04-24-2009, 11:22 PM
George, Very nice work! The blue HF is very nice, it gets me inspired to do another dyed piece!

Thanks for sharing,

Jeff

Bernie Weishapl
04-24-2009, 11:37 PM
Great pieces George and great looking donut chuck.

Benjamin Dahl
04-25-2009, 3:55 AM
very nice work George. I like them all, especially the walnut. what kind of finish did you use on it?
Ben

joel nucifore
04-25-2009, 6:44 AM
and i thought you would not do dyes?????

Randy Privett
04-25-2009, 8:15 AM
Really nice work George, like the chuck.

Randy

Bernie Vail
04-25-2009, 9:40 AM
What is the padding you used on the donut chuck?

Steve Schlumpf
04-25-2009, 10:30 AM
Very nice work on everything George!

Looks like the donut chuck is going to work out great for you!

Very nice form on the cherry! Great curve and I really like the small detail line halfway between the shoulder and the lip! Nice touch!

The walnut really stands out with the exceptional curl! Has a certain 'Wow' factor to it!

Good to see you have been busy - thanks for sharing!

George Guadiane
04-26-2009, 11:40 AM
and i thought you would not do dyes?????
You DOG! I DID tell you that, AND I said I would never carve or pierce and that most (ALL) enhancements - as a general rule - take away from woodturning... I said a lot of things.
Most, as with the rest of my life, I will have to take back.
I did the FIRST dyed piece for one of my clothing company orders. It was fun, so I did it again. And I'll do more... At least you can still see the wood.

Really nice work George, like the chuck.

Randy
Thanks Randy, the Monster is a HUGE help in the hollowing, than you for such a good and useful tool.

What is the padding you used on the donut chuck?
The padding is interlocking floor mat material, I got this at a garage sale, it came in a package of many colors - I have a lifetime suply. Nice and dense AND you can sand it to get the contour you want on your openings...
I'm going to get some contact cement and make stacks so that I can hollow out even better support for the chuck.

Very nice work on everything George!

Looks like the donut chuck is going to work out great for you!

Very nice form on the cherry! Great curve and I really like the small detail line halfway between the shoulder and the lip! Nice touch!

The walnut really stands out with the exceptional curl! Has a certain 'Wow' factor to it!

Good to see you have been busy - thanks for sharing!
Thanks Steve, as usual, you are (almost) too kind.
The donut chuck is the first attempt, a smaller version of what I anticipate I will be needing soon, and yes, it SEEMS like it is going to be a big help.

The walnut IS nice, speed finished with water based poly... I have owed this and the birch bowl for a LOOOooonnnggg time.

Thank you everyone!

Jim Kountz
04-26-2009, 2:27 PM
Looks like the new chuck works just fine, love the blue cherry!! Thats something you dont see everyday!!