PDA

View Full Version : New Guy...

Dave Winters
04-24-2009, 7:23 PM
Hey-- I'm new here. Nice website! I'll duck in now and then if it's o.k.

I'm a woodworker/ turner here in Colorado. Check out some of my stuff at

Mike Stephens
04-24-2009, 7:35 PM
Hi David and welcome to the Creek. This is a great forum. Good people great source of info.

Nice work and web site. Thanks for sharing.

This is a link to my site. It could use some up dating.

Mike

alex carey
04-24-2009, 7:39 PM
Good to have you here. You have some really great work. I love your gear shifter knobs. That is very cool. I've never seen any other turner do that.

Also your pendants are very cool. Not sure how you did it but I'm determined to learn.

Alex

Steve Schlumpf
04-24-2009, 8:10 PM
Dave - Welcome to the Creek! I remember Steamboat as one heck of a great party town! Very nice work on your website! Looking forward to having you as an active member here!

Brian Kent
04-24-2009, 9:28 PM
Welcome Dave! Great work.

Another Colorado / California connection. I'm from Greeley and moved out to So.Cal., now living in Riverside.

Brian

Dave Halter
04-24-2009, 11:17 PM
Dave,
Welcome to the group. I was in Steamboat last summer visiting some good friends from college during the July 4th celebration. Had a great time, but my friends just moved to SD so it may be a while before I get back that way. You have a great website with some really nice work on it.

Dave

Jeff Nicol
04-24-2009, 11:26 PM
Dave, You most definitley have some talent! Nice work in many different varieties! You are most welcome to share your knowledge and skills with us here on SMC!

Welcome,

Jeff

Bernie Weishapl
04-24-2009, 11:36 PM
Dave welcome to Creek. Lots of good people and lots of knowledge. Great looking website and woodworking. Look forward to seeing some on here.

Dave Winters
04-24-2009, 11:53 PM
Thanks for the kind words and the nice welcome.
Brian, my good friend Bob Sewell owns Riverside Dairy. I'm originally from Hermosa Beach...

Ken Fitzgerald
04-25-2009, 1:29 AM
Dave,

Welcome to the Creek!

I first skiied Steamboat in 1960? It was just a little cowtown then. It only had 2 restaurants IIRC and was significantly smaller than today!

Dewey Torres
04-25-2009, 1:41 AM
Welcome Dave... I live in the Springs!

Gary Simmons
04-25-2009, 7:50 AM
Welcome Dave... Ive been using this site for several months and the members are great and offer valuable advise to my and other members questions. Looking at your work, you might be providing more advise then needing it... nice stuff!!!
I live in NH, but my older brother lived in Hermosa Beach for 20 + years...great area...

Allen Neighbors
04-25-2009, 10:54 AM
Welcome Dave! Never been that far North... go to South Fork every year, though.
You do very nice work. You'll be an asset to the Creek! :)