PDA

View Full Version : Candle Holders

Dennis Puskar
04-24-2009, 5:05 PM
Where do you buy candle holders for Sconces ? I did a lot of searching and could not find anything.

Dennis

Jerry Murray
04-24-2009, 5:08 PM
Where do you buy candle holders for Sconces ? I did a lot of searching and could not find anything.

Dennis

Have you tried Lee Valley?

Dennis Puskar
04-24-2009, 5:10 PM
No but I will Thanks Jerry.

Dennis

Jeff Willard
04-25-2009, 9:07 AM
You could also try Craft Supplies USA, if Lee Valley doesn't pan out.

Lee Mitchell
04-25-2009, 9:23 AM
Sometimes Michaels and AC Moore craft stores have them in stock.

Dennis Puskar
04-25-2009, 5:14 PM
Thanks for the info guys I'll go to Michaels only a few miles away.

Dennis

Kevin Godshall
04-26-2009, 8:41 AM
Try searching under "candle cups" as well. Some times the terminology is what keeps us from finding what we are looking for.

I have found several thru craft suppy stores and hobby stores online. Usually very reasonably priced and decent quality (be prepared to sand them).

http://woodworker.com/cgi-bin/fullpres.exe?PARTNUM=124-934&search=Candle%20Cups&smode=&showsingle=

jared herbert
04-26-2009, 10:57 AM
I was faced with a similar want. I was making some candle holders out of shed deer antlers. I wanted a candle cup that I could screw or otherwise attach to antler. I ended up getting some 3/4 in copper pipe caps, drilling a hole in the center of it, then soldered a piece of 1/8 brass brazing rod into the hole. I polished the whole thing up with fine sandpaper and then I could glue the candle cup into a 1/8 in hole drilled in the antler. The ID of the pipe cap is a little too big for a lot of candles so I have a plan for the next batch I will make. I plan to cut a short, maybe half inch or a little more of the regular 3/4 inch copper pipe and then solder it inside the pipe cap to act as a bushing so the wax candle will fit tighter. I know this sounds like a lot of work but it didnt really take that long and I was able to use materials I had on hand and not have to wait for a mail order. ON top of that the candle cups looked real good when attached to the antler. I have pictures on my other computer and will try to post one later. Jared