PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop Help Needed

Peter Meacham
04-24-2009, 2:15 PM
Can any Photoshop experts help with the attached image that I want to engrave on a black marble memorial stone.

The image has some clothing in front of the chin that I would like to remove and replace with coloring from the chin. Kind of reconstruct the chin under the clothing area, if you will.

Can that be done on a pixel by pixel basis or some other way please.

Thanks

Pete

Marc Myer
04-24-2009, 2:41 PM
Here's a one-minute fix. The file's really small; do they have anything better? Yeah, I know, we gotta use what they give us...
Kinda hard to do this one; because you can't tell what the chin shape looks like.
Could be Jay Leno's chin or Don Knotts.

Michael Simpson Virgina
04-24-2009, 3:14 PM
Mark I took a shot at it as well and my results were similar to yours. I think yours is about as good as it can get with an image this size.

John Noell
04-24-2009, 3:17 PM
I sure hope that you are not going to engrave that bigger that about 1/4" by 1/4". There's not enough data in that file. Can you get a bigger (i.e., higher resolution) copy of that photo?

Larry Bratton
04-24-2009, 4:51 PM
Peter;
You need a better image if possible. You will not get good results with this due to it's size plus it is only 96dpi res.

Peter Meacham
04-24-2009, 5:12 PM
Thanks for the replies - attached is the photo that I have to work with - I wanted a head shot to engrave with Photograv on a small 5" x 5" black marble piece.

Does this full photo help anyone?

Thanks, Pete

John Noell
04-24-2009, 7:59 PM
Is there no possibility of getting another photo? That one simply lacks enough detail to engrave well.

Michael Simpson Virgina
04-24-2009, 9:17 PM
Ok I took Marcs edit and enlarged. I then resharpened then selectivly used the blur tool. This is the best I can do for you but you should be able to get a little better print/engrave out of it. I did not convert to black and white. Its better you do that so you can apply the enhancements.

I saved it with CS4 but used compatability mode. If you cant read it let me know.

Peter Meacham
04-25-2009, 8:28 AM
Michael, et al

Thanks very much for your inputs and assistance. Now, I just need to make Photograv work - I will probably come back and ask for help with that product if anyone has some advice.

Thanks again, Pete

Bill Cunningham
04-25-2009, 9:54 PM
Is the original picture a digital, or a actual photograph.. I find that with a good glossy print, you can enlarge a smaller portion while scanning it, and get reasonable results providing it was a good sharp picture.. Any blur, and your just going to end up with a larger version of the blurry picture

Peter Meacham
04-25-2009, 11:03 PM
Bill, I have posted a reply to your input on the Photograv help I requested. Thanks