PDA

View Full Version : need help

Clayton Strand
04-23-2009, 4:48 PM
Is there any remedy for this problem? After cross sawing 3- #2 pine boards that measure 8" X 6', everyone of them has warped at least 3/8" from one end to another. All 3 0f these boards were relatively straight before cross cutting to 2' lengths. The boards were brought home from the borg and left in the shop (at 50 degrees) before cutting. Thanks for any help. Hope I posted in the right forum! :o

Todd Burch
04-23-2009, 4:56 PM
You posted in the right forum, but bought your wood from the wrong place. (Or, made an assumption that "wood is wood").

Pine purchased @ the borg has been cut, milled and dried to be construction grade.

John Thompson
04-23-2009, 11:13 PM
Agree with Todd if they came from the BORG. They were probably not correctly kiln dried and have too much moisture content. I do use Southern Yellow Pine from the BORG when I build a work-bench every summer but.... I bring it home straight.. sticker it and let it sit until it gets down under 12% moisture. However long that takes..

When I do bring it home.. it is usually in the range of 19% even though supposely kiln dried. Todd's suggestion of seeking a local supplier that caters to cabinet shops would be a wise move. And... a cheap moisture meter would probably be a good investment in the future also.

Good luck...

Sarge..

Clayton Strand
04-24-2009, 7:25 AM
Thanks for your replies Todd & John. Will know better next time around. :)