PDA

View Full Version : Floating key chain

Mike Christen
04-23-2009, 8:22 AM
Hello all,

Has anyone come across a floating key chain that is laser engraveable? I have a customer that would like to get some. Not sure if the foam ones would engrave, usually I believe there pad printed or maybe silk screened, don't know for sure.

Thanks

Dave Johnson29
04-23-2009, 10:28 AM
Not sure if the foam ones would engrave

Hi Mike,

I have marked the foam ones with good success. About 30% power, single line font and 100% speed. I suggest you get a few and try.

Mike Christen
04-24-2009, 12:45 AM
Hi Dave

Thanks for that information i will give it a try. Would you happen to know of a source for blanks.

Thanks Again

John W. Love
04-25-2009, 8:15 PM
Hey Mike,
The other day I saw some that were made of plastic that had no printing on them. They didnt feel hollow so I am assuming that they were filled with foam of some sort. I am thinking I saw them at either Wallyworld, Home Depot or Lowes as they are about the only places I have been to shop other than the grocery store in the last few weeks. But, I looked at them and thought, " Wonder what I could engrave on those and how what kind of market is there for them". I do that with everything these days. I was talking with a co-worker the other day and he was complaining about how his wife just called and asked him if he could stop on the way home and buy some ...err..uh... "feminine necessities", and I joked about bringing them by the house and we could engrave funny sayings on them before he gave them to her. Yep, nothing is sacred except pvc and pets.

Dave Johnson29
04-25-2009, 8:23 PM
Thanks for that information i will give it a try. Would you happen to know of a source for blanks.

Sorry Mike, I missed seeing this request. Off the top of my head I can't help as the customer supplied the keyrings. I will call Monday and see where they got them.

John's suggestions sounds worth checking in the mean time.

I just did a quick google search and this looks interesting.
http://www.dadoods.com/products/floating_keychains.html?gclid=CK7U8cejjZoCFRFMagod TgaVFA