PDA

View Full Version : Kansas City Area Folks - Who...

Scott Coffelt
03-19-2003, 1:31 PM
offers the best price for sprial pipe and fittings? I saw on a post last week that someone was getting 6 inch spiral pipe for about $1.40/foot. I attempted to get the name but no luck. Anybody have any good sources. Honestly, I really do not want or can't afford to spend 1,000s of dollars for ducting. I have found some places on the Internet with pricing that is a little more reasonable, but would prefer to find something local so I can buy as I need. I am planning on doing 6" mains and dropping to 4" at the blast gate with very short flexible pipe runs on tools that must maintain some mobility. I will need a minimum of 11 primary tool hook ups. In my 4" design today I have 14 total hook-ups.

I have a small shop 13x26. Due to machine layout and storage I will need about 70-80' of pipe, some 90s and T/Y's depending on the price. As I will have to go around the room on three sides with a branch to the table saw and planer in the midle of the room. The cyclone will be in one corner.

I have found some HVAC T's that have a gradual transition vs. the standard sharp transition designs. Anyone have any thoughts on these? My theory is that they will fall between Y's and T's in efficiency. They cost about $6 each, I will have to use a reducer to 4" at each machine, which run about $3.50 each. The cheapest Y 6x6x6 and 6x6x4 I have found is $20.

Thnaks for the input.

Steve Roxberg
03-19-2003, 2:20 PM
Scott,

I just sent you an email, and a private message.

jack duren
03-19-2003, 5:47 PM
seems like grainger off hwy 210 sells it. cant remember fer sure. lookin to put some in here sooner or later. probably metal fer the main runs with plastic drops. not cheap id agree. seems lately ive heard of alot of furnace pipe being used. just not as sturdy but on the ceiling i wouldnt know the difference......jack