PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly 5959

Jack Clay
04-23-2009, 12:03 AM
I have been looking at the Grizzly 5959 table saw. They are discontinuing it and have an interesting deal. I would appreciate any input on this saw.

Stephen Edwards
04-23-2009, 8:13 AM
Can your provide a link to this saw? I couldn't find it on the Grizzly website. Thanks

Jack Clay
04-23-2009, 8:21 AM
http://www.grizzly.com/outlet/12-Table-Saw-Pro-Cabinet-Style-5-HP-Single-Phase-220V/G5959

Stephen Edwards
04-23-2009, 9:04 AM
Sorry, I'm not familiar with that saw. It does appear to be a lot of Table Saw for the money. Having said that, from my personal point of view:

I prefer a left tilt saw

It's a lot more saw than I need or want in my shop. Your situation may be different, of course. If you like it and want a saw that size and would be happy with a right tilt saw, seems like a good deal to me.

I've been very pleased with the Grizzly machines that I've purchased and with Grizzly's top notch customer service.

Sorry, I couldn't be of more help.

Paul Johnstone
04-23-2009, 2:54 PM
I have been looking at the Grizzly 5959 table saw. They are discontinuing it and have an interesting deal. I would appreciate any input on this saw.

I don't know man.. I'm of the opinion that a hobbyist doesn't really need a 5 HP saw. Are you going to be doing stuff that needs a 12" blade? If so, this is a good deal.

Even with free shipping and the price reduction,that's still a pretty expensive saw.

I'd be a bit concerened about parts availalbity if they are discontinuing it.
All manufacturers are cutting back on their stocking of spare parts. It sure would be a bummer if you needed something in a few years and couldn't get it.