PDA

View Full Version : Tag Rings

Linda Tetreault
04-22-2009, 10:37 AM
116303I'm doing some 1" tags for a square dance group, they call them dangles. I'm needing some rings for them to attach to another piece. Anyone have a source for these small rings.

Joe Pelonio
04-22-2009, 10:43 AM
Split rings are available at any craft shop such as Ben Franklin and Michaels.

For larger quantities you can find some good deals on E-Bay, search "split rings."

Dee Gallo
04-22-2009, 10:46 AM
Linda,

Are you talking about jump rings, to attach one piece to the ring? If so, you can find them at craft stores, or any place that sells craft supplies (such as Michaels, JoAnn Fabrics, Walmart, etc.)

Sounds like a fun project, :) dee

Linda Tetreault
04-22-2009, 10:56 AM
Joe & Dee,
Boy, are you fast, before I could fix my post, I had answers. Thanks, I'll check ebay as our nearest craft store is about 2 hours away.

George Brown
04-22-2009, 3:02 PM
116303I'm doing some 1" tags for a square dance group, they call them dangles. I'm needing some rings for them to attach to another piece. Anyone have a source for these small rings.

Company called ball chain (ballchain.com) has all sorts of stuff like that at a very reasonable price.

AL Ursich
04-22-2009, 11:23 PM
I use Ballchain.com for my ring needs. Quick service.

"Dangles".... That is a new one.

I was at a Fire Show this weekend and a Vinyl guy next to me with the same Copam I originally had was selling lots of graphics. A Hot seller to the young guys was a logo that I won't even mention here as it is not rated PG... I had no clue what it was.... I really need to get out more... ;)

I pointed to it and asked what it was and his wife turned red and got up and left and told him to explain it to me....:eek::eek::eek: Kids....

AL:rolleyes:

Dan Hintz
04-23-2009, 7:44 AM
Was it called "The shocker"? :D The only difference between kids today and kids of my generation is today's kids are allowed to talk about it all openly (and brazenly) rather than quietly giggling in small groups at the lunch table.

Dave Johnson29
04-23-2009, 10:34 AM
I pointed to it and asked what it was and his wife turned red and got up and left and told him to explain it to me.

Hey Al,

That's not fair, you can't just leave it at that! There are a lot of us that don't get out enough, but now I neeeeeeeeeeeeed to know! :D

As the old saying goes, "there is no crime in not knowing, the crime is in not wanting to know."

Bill Cunningham
04-23-2009, 10:04 PM
Search 'dangles' I've made a post or two on these in the past.. I do quite a few of these for different sq. dance groups.. I usually just do the dangle, and they do all the attachings.. Most just pick up the little rings at Michaels..

Linda Tetreault
04-24-2009, 6:42 AM
Thanks Bill,

This would make life a lot easier. This order is only 8 pieces but they have a major event happening this summer & will need 2000. I wasn't real excited about adding rings to that many.:eek:

Stephen Beckham
04-24-2009, 1:17 PM
2000 - I have found my best price to be less than $.05 each when buying from Worth (worthco.com). They make fishing lurers and stuff. I like their triangle ring for attaching to split rings for keychains. I bought 1000 two years ago, I haven't even put a dent in the bag yet and the order was cheaper than buying a 100 through normal suppliers...

AL Ursich
04-24-2009, 7:51 PM
Was it called "The shocker"? :D The only difference between kids today and kids of my generation is today's kids are allowed to talk about it all openly (and brazenly) rather than quietly giggling in small groups at the lunch table.

Hey Al,

That's not fair, you can't just leave it at that! There are a lot of us that don't get out enough, but now I neeeeeeeeeeeeed to know! :D

Yes it was the SHOCKER.... Search it and you will be SHOCKED.... 2 in and 1 in..... :eek:

AL

Scott Erwin
04-24-2009, 8:13 PM

You are correct they are called dangles. I am a square dancer of about 43 years now and do dangles for some of the clubs in my area.

What the majority of the dangles represent are "events" or "accomplishments" that the dancer has completed. There are several (200+) dangles that I am aware of for a variety of things.

I purchase my jump rings from Engravers Supply House in Ohio.

If you need some ideas PM me and I can help.

Dan Hintz
04-24-2009, 8:55 PM
Yes it was the SHOCKER.... Search it and you will be SHOCKED.... 2 in and 1 in..... :eek:

AL
Been around for a few years now. Some mid-west kids (boys AND girls) were expelled from school after they displayed "the shocker" in their yearbook pictures. Even the teachers didn't know, but a student told their parents and it was downhill from there...

Bill Cunningham
04-25-2009, 9:35 PM
Been around for a few years now. Some mid-west kids (boys AND girls) were expelled from school after they displayed "the shocker" in their yearbook pictures. Even the teachers didn't know, but a student told their parents and it was downhill from there...

Hmmm Thats only one less than "Live Long and Prosper" :D

George Brown
04-27-2009, 2:56 PM

Guess you learn something new every day! :eek: