PDA

View Full Version : How to laser tiles

Michael Simpson Virgina
04-22-2009, 12:10 AM
I keep seeing demos of laser tiles at the laser dealers but I have searched high and low and I cant find a source for them unless you go through 3Score and they want you to purchases some sort of dealership which does not interest me.

I have some of my own artwork that I would like to create a large multipart mural. What are my options?

Jeremy Butler
04-22-2009, 1:36 AM
One thing I do especially for myself is just use ceramic tiles from home depot. Engrave them however you want then rub black (or other color) oil based paint on and rub it off. Thats what I have quite a few people like that style better anyways. This is an example of just a little 4 x 4 white ceramic tile I did for a lady for a shadow box to give you an idea of what I'm talking about. If you have any other questions or anything about this way just let me know

James Aldrich
04-22-2009, 11:43 AM
I would contact 3Score, I have purchased tile from them without a dealership. I think the dealer portion may be if you want to be a distributor for their products. But I am not sure of that.
Jim

Michael Simpson Virgina
04-22-2009, 11:52 AM
What kind of price can I expect to pay?

James Aldrich
04-22-2009, 12:37 PM
Its been awhile since I ordered any tile from them. But Im sure it was under $2.00 per 4.25" square tile. Depended on tile size and order qty. I would suggest giving them a call for more accurate pricing.

Lee DeRaud
04-23-2009, 2:51 PM
3Score is requiring you to register as a "dealer" with them before you can order off their website, but AFAIK it doesn't cost anything.

OTOH I have no idea what their actual requirements are to be a dealer: I was a customer before they changed the policy. I guess that "qualified" me.

Dee Gallo
04-23-2009, 5:39 PM
I must be living in a different world... I emailed them using the website, asking for a shipping quote. I got an email the next morning with a quote, an email address and phone number for ordering. I called Jacquie, ordered 100 4.25" sq. and 50 6" sq. tiles. No mention of dealership. Shipping with UPS in 7-10 days, all the way across the country. The price ranged from $1.40 to 2.80 per tile.

If you want the name and email/phone number, PM me. I don't want to post it as that might be construed as free advertising.

cheers, dee

Lee DeRaud
04-23-2009, 9:48 PM
I must be living in a different world... I emailed them using the website, asking for a shipping quote. I got an email the next morning with a quote, an email address and phone number for ordering. I called Jacquie, ordered 100 4.25" sq. and 50 6" sq. tiles. No mention of dealership. Shipping with UPS in 7-10 days, all the way across the country. The price ranged from $1.40 to 2.80 per tile.

If you want the name and email/phone number, PM me. I don't want to post it as that might be construed as free advertising.

cheers, deeThe "registration" I spoke of just gets you a password and a user ID for a "dealer-only" part of the website containing the price lists and an order applet. As much as I like talking to Jacquie, I tend to shop for stuff like this at odd hours, so it makes life slightly easier.

All of that stuff used to be on the public site...I have no idea why they bother.