Brian Effinger
04-21-2009, 9:31 AM
Very cool. Thanks for finding it. :)

Chris Padilla
04-21-2009, 12:27 PM
Yeah, WOW...

John Schreiber
04-21-2009, 5:43 PM
Absolutely mind blowing. The thing that gets me is that we've been able to see that level of detail for about a year, our first probes got there about 30 years ago and we first saw that there was something different about Saturn four centuries ago.

But, it was beautiful before anyone ever saw it. It was up there being wonderful before we even knew it was there. Right now, there's beauty we don't see both millions of miles away and in what is right before our eyes.

Waxing philosophical today.

Chris Rosenberger
04-21-2009, 6:50 PM
Great pictures. Thank you.

Colin Giersberg
04-21-2009, 11:09 PM
We have the chance to see more of Mother Nature's beauty at night simply by turning off all un-necessary lights, both indoors and outside. To see a lot more, we need to bug our leaders into adopting better outside lighting fixtures that are designed to make light go down instead of up, reduce night-time glare that diminshes our abilty to see things in the cities as clearly (talk about a Catch 22), and reduce our dependence on oil, coal, etc. thus reducing pollution, and making our skies clearer.
To see the effects of bad lighting, go to the International Dark Skies Foundation. Every once in a while, there are photos of Earth at night with all of the cities lit up like the proverbial Christmas tree. I am sure some of you have seen these in e-mails, but they will open your eyes up about bad lighting practices.

Off of my soapbox now, I have to turn off the lights my wife leaves on again.

Regards, Colin

Burt Alcantara
04-23-2009, 3:15 PM
Spectacular. Thanks for posting.