PDA

View Full Version : Piano

Wyatt Holm
04-20-2009, 9:35 PM
Do any of you other wood workers play the piano?

Jim O'Dell
04-20-2009, 10:39 PM
Not me. But LOML does. She teaches piano, so I hear a lot of it. Some good, some,................................well, I think I'll stop while I'm ahead, or at the least, not further behind. :D Jim.

Jim Rimmer
04-20-2009, 11:09 PM
My wife, my son, my daughter - but not me. I tell folks my chldren got their musical talent from me; that's why I don't have any.:confused:

glenn bradley
04-20-2009, 11:13 PM
In a previous life I did. There is an electric 88 key Yamaha sitting about 5 feet from me right now. I've probably only played it a couple hours this year and its been decades since I took it seriously but I can't seem to let it go completely.

Jacob Mac
04-20-2009, 11:47 PM
I used to play a lot, but I work so much now that I basically only have time for one hobby (and barely have any time for that). And playing the piano well demands so much time and effort that I just have drifted away from it in the last year or so.

Charlie Schultz
04-21-2009, 6:39 AM
I play a harpsichord (but not very well).

Paul Downes
04-21-2009, 4:01 PM
I have played piano since I was 5. In a past life I owned a great, Kawai grand piano, that my sister now owns. I wish I had never sold it too her. I hate to think what i would have to pay for another one today. I'm happy for her that she has it. She is way more talented than I with the ivories. I currently own an old upright grand and an organ. Several of my kids play one or both and one daughter has the piano gene. I mostly am classical minded with Prokofiev being right near the top as favorite in the piano concertos. I just wish I could play them.

Jeremy Polk
04-21-2009, 8:12 PM
I do. I am no Liberace, but I can play. Don't have a piano anymore though. My mom gave me one when I moved out on my own, and just before I got marrried I sold it because it would not fit in our new apartment. Sorry I did that now, but just one of many mistakes I made when I was younger.

Jim Becker
04-21-2009, 10:55 PM
Since I was 4. But I don't play much these days...no time with other mental-health activities. But I do have my Kurzweil setup on our loft landing and sit down once in awhile.

Wyatt Holm
04-23-2009, 1:05 PM
Thanks for the responses, I found a good deal on a Wurlitzer grand. Is it a good brand?