PDA

View Full Version : MP3 Player

Tyler Howell
08-02-2004, 5:27 AM
I know who makes the most expensive$$$$ :eek:
Who Makes a good user friendly MP3 player. Trying to get back into walking and blading. Need my tunes. Any recomendations???
TX;)

Kevin Beck
08-02-2004, 9:42 AM
I can't tell you what MP3 player to buy but I can help you on what not to buy. I bought 2 Rio Sport players for 2003 Christmas presents. They are convenient to use and I like the user interface but they are not very robust. The headphones lasted less than a month and I had to send one back to repair the volume button. Dealing with their technical support people was enough to make me decide to look elsewhere next time. It took me over a month to get an RMA so that I could send it back for repair.

I'm looking forward to the answers as well. I can't see carrying an iPod for exercising or letting my kids carry something that expensive to school.

Kevin

Matt Meiser
08-02-2004, 11:30 AM
I bought a fairly cheap 128MB RCA last fall for about $99, mostly to use when sitting in airports. It also takes an SD memory card, which I already had that lets it hold about 100 songs. The headphones that came with it were very uncomfortable and I replaced them with a pair of ear buds. Then we found our new house and I've been using it all summer while mowing. I put in the ear buds and put my ear muffs over them and that has been working well. It takes a fair amount of abuse spending 2-3+ hours on the tractor.

The RCA is not a high quality model, but works well for me without spending a ton.

JayStPeter
08-02-2004, 12:30 PM
Drop the cash on an iPod. You won't regret it. The new version of the 20GB model is around $100 cheaper than the old one.
The only other expense downside is that you'll wind up having to buy adapters to attach it to everything you own that plays music. CDs are like vinyl to me now. I buy 'em, rip 'em and put 'em away.
Apple sells refurbs on their web site. That's how I got mine. Looks/works like new.
As long as you're spending the cash, check these out for shop use, combo earplug/headphones: http://www.headphone.com/layout.php?topicID=13&subTopicID=64&productID=0020100100

Jay

Pete Lamberty
08-02-2004, 1:02 PM
Apple sells refurbs on their web site. That's how I got mine. Looks/works like new.

Hi Jay, I went to the Apple I Pod site but could not find anything about refurbished ones. Could you post a link or point me in the right direction. I even tried their search window and couldn't find it. Thanks. Pete

Michael Ballent
08-02-2004, 2:52 PM
Count me in on wanting to find out where I can find a refurb unit :D I also discovered a neat little add on for the iPod that will allow you to drop your pics from a digi camera to the iPod for later retrieval to you computer... saves you from needing all those pesky cards :D

JayStPeter
08-02-2004, 5:21 PM
To find the refurbs, goto apple.com. Click the store tab at the top. Scroll down and click the special deals flag toward the bottom of the left bar.

Jay