PDA

View Full Version : Hate to Ask, But

Charles Drake
04-20-2009, 8:33 PM
After spending an hour trying to post a picture, it has occurred to me that I must just be too dumb to get it done. I've studied the tutorial but it makes no sense-I've used the paperclip/arrow route shown in the tutorial to no avail (keep in mind that I'm an old coot who barely knows how to turn one of these things on). I have the pictures in JPEG form but can't go from there. Any pointers would be appreciated. Sorry I'm so dense.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-20-2009, 9:10 PM
Charles,

Let's see if us old Coots can stick together and get done what you'd like.

First.....start a thread and type in a title and verbage

2nd.......scroll down to the bottom of the page and select "Manage Attachements"

3rd.......The attachment windows opens up and you will then have to guide it to the photos on your computer using the "Browse" button. Take it to the 1st photo and select the photo by name. You can if you want, click on the 2nd "Browse" button and select the 2nd photo by name.

4th.......Click on the "Upload" button and the photos should upload

5th.......After you upload the photos.....DO NOT AT ANY TIME SELECT "PREVIEW POST" or you photos will be dumped and will not be shown.

6th...close the manage attachments window. YOu can now scroll back up to your verbage and if you so desire, you can place your cursor where you want the 1st photo to be located within your verbage and then click on the paper clip and select the photo and it will be placed where you clicked in the verbage.

7th....Hang in there....we will get this done!

Ken Fitzgerald
04-20-2009, 9:16 PM
Charles,

There are some basic "photo" rules.

No more than 5 photos per post.....

The current software here should automatically resize the photos for you but if not......you may need to resize as per the screen you will see on the "Upload/Manage Attachment" screen. So far the new V-Bulletin software has handled mine fine without my having to resize them myself.

Good Luck!