PDA

View Full Version : wedding help

Devon Jones
04-20-2009, 10:45 AM
so my sister is getting married and wants me to do a few things with my laser. the one thing she wants for sure is me to laser some mirrors for center pieces on all of the tables. she wants some sort of nice, wedding like ornate to go on about 30 mirrors and in the center of the mirror there will be a square vase so the ornate will be around that. any image help would be great i have a few but nothing that i like yet thank you.

Michael Hunter
04-20-2009, 2:41 PM
I've had enough of weddings. Spent all day yesterday, engraving/cutting roses onto my daughter's wedding invitations and place cards. 7 minutes a card, lots of guests. Spent this morning clearing up the workshop, paths and office of all the paper rose petals that had fallen out. Next weekend I must open up the exhaust fan and clear that of petals too.

Still, the end result looks good and I think she will be pleased. The engraved rose leaf is very subtle on the card, and the "negative silhouette" rose will look great with some pink tissue paper behind.

I'll post some pics when I get a chance to snap some.

George Brown
04-20-2009, 4:03 PM
You have to get some paying customers for stuff like that!:D

AL Ursich
04-20-2009, 5:23 PM
Take the wedding invitation and laser it on a chunk of Marble and make a wood base. On the wood base engrave.... "Let it be Written in STONE"

I guess the fact that I am divorced tainted my feelings of weddngs.... Somehow I see the humor in a Woman wanting it written in STONE.... Don't back out now.... LOL....

Just an idea....:rolleyes:

AL

Guys...:D

Paul Perkinson
04-20-2009, 5:46 PM
In the corners???

Anthony Scira
04-20-2009, 5:59 PM
Man this is your chance. Be creative ! What does she like? Really customize it. You don't want to make something that can be bought off the shelf.

Dee Gallo
04-20-2009, 6:12 PM
Devon,

I find it most helpful to analyze the customer before trying to design something. Ask questions and observe:

1. what style is her wedding - old fashioned, frilly, minimalist, over the top with flowers/doves/hearts, etc? Is there already a "theme"? This will lead you toward appropriate ornament & border styles.
2. what typeface did she chose for the invitations? This will tell you if she likes flourishes or tailoring. Same for her dress, if you've seen it.
3. how sentimental is she? This will tell you if you want to look for meaningful sayings to put on the mirrors, maybe as borders going around the edges.
4. what type of flowers and cake did she choose? This will tell you if she wants to go extravagant with detail or simple. Sometimes less is more, in the elegance department. More is more in the sumptuous department.

Don't go by what someone else used or suggests - it's HER wedding. There are literally hundreds of possibles. When you have answers, we can help you.

my two cents, dee

jim carter
04-20-2009, 6:18 PM
i have manzanita center pieces[ natural or sandblasted] that can be used for money trees or jewelry trees after the wedding.

Steve Clarkson
04-20-2009, 6:23 PM
i have manzanita center pieces[ natural or sandblasted] that can be used for money trees or jewelry trees after the wedding.

Too bad we don't have any.........;)

Alexa Ristow
04-21-2009, 11:46 AM
My two cents worth,

It may be an idea to search under dafont.com Look in Dingbats/shapes - there are numerous swirls and patterns which can be downloaded which look really nice engraved on glass. If you need to shape them - convert to artistic text and shape around an object. These also work really well on invites etc.

Good Luck - weddings tend to bring out the scary side of people !! LOL :)

Rowan Hay
04-23-2009, 2:24 AM
Here's some ideas that may help that I recently did for my daughters Wedding

Dan Hintz
04-23-2009, 7:49 AM
Rowan,

I really like the lighted tray, but I'm an LED guy at heart, so it probably goes without saying. I can't figure out what the name card is, though... it's a waveform of some kind (histogram?), just not sure what. Maybe the number of calls from guys leading up to the wedding? :D

Rowan Hay
04-23-2009, 3:19 PM
Dan,
She got married at the base of a Mountain ( old volcano ) which is an iconic feature of the area. So what we did was cut the shape and folded up.

Michael Hunter
04-23-2009, 5:35 PM
Found time to play with the camera today. Here is the detail from my daughter's stationery : this is the small one (about 1" high) on the place cards and a larger version is on the invitations themselves. The theme was continued by printing the rose on the envelopes and on the back of the reply cards.

Steve Clarkson
09-02-2009, 8:37 AM
Take the wedding invitation and laser it on a chunk of Marble and make a wood base. On the wood base engrave.... "Let it be Written in STONE"

I'm going to do this and was wondering if anyone had a good free font recommendation to engrave "Let it be written in STONE".