PDA

View Full Version : It's hip to be square

Larry Marley
04-19-2009, 11:31 PM
The last few weeks have brought a lot of square, winged, suspended, 3 up 1 down, bridge over troubled water, crab, tricky turnings to Sawmill Creek...
So, what's one more...?
Here is my latest video. 49 minutes compressed into 10 including 2 minutes of fluff and goofiness. I have turned about six of these things and the Pucker factor is lower but still noticeable.
I hope you enjoy!

http://marleyturned.com/id192.htm

Larry

Robert McGowen
04-19-2009, 11:43 PM
Nice video Larry. Thanks for sharing it.

Ryan Baker
04-20-2009, 12:32 AM
Thanks for the video Larry. I've been doing a number of similar items lately too, but most of them have been waiting on my bench for weeks waiting for me to get around to complete the finishing and buffing. I don't think the pucker factor ever really goes away when you have edges flying by like that.

Don Carter
04-20-2009, 12:35 AM
Nice video Larry. I love your soundtracks. You make it look so easy and the music fits right in. Thanks for linking it here.

Rick Prosser
04-20-2009, 3:10 AM
Yeah - the music is great (the turning was good too!)

Rob Cunningham
04-20-2009, 8:16 AM
Nice video and website Larry. You make it look so easy.

Steve Schlumpf
04-20-2009, 9:40 AM
Larry - found the video both entertaining and educational! Very nice work! Thanks for sharing!

Jerry Rhoads
04-20-2009, 9:54 AM
Great video. Thanks

Jerry

Steve Frederick
04-20-2009, 10:14 AM
The intro was a hoot!
The tutorial was excellent, as usual.
Your videos are great!

Chris Hayes
04-20-2009, 12:35 PM
Larry -
Thanks for posting the video. Like everything done on 'tv' you made it look easy.

Now I know where I've see this style of video -- you made it. A while ago, a friend emailed me the Christmas tree ornament video asking if I could do something like that. I told him 'only after several several attempts at trying to be graceful you might get a something that looked vaguely like that"

Keep up the fun vids...

Jarrod McGehee
04-20-2009, 7:31 PM
That's a great video and me being new to this stuff, it helped me a lot. thank you

Matt Ranum
04-20-2009, 9:46 PM
Great videos! Really helps newbies like myself.

Larry Marley
04-21-2009, 12:03 AM
Thanks for the nice comments, got to love this place…
I had fun making it.

Larry

Mark Norman
04-21-2009, 12:32 AM
I had fun making it.

Larry

Great Job Larry, the filming, the production, the music and the square bowl!

keep up the great work! wood wise and otherwise!

The fluff and goofiness makes it all the beter:D:D

Dewey Torres
04-21-2009, 3:27 AM
Larry,
As you may know I am a fan. Please host me next time I travel to you area in CA...

Former San Diego Resident BTW.

:D

Kyle Iwamoto
04-21-2009, 4:00 PM
Ditto on awesome videos! Where do you get the soundtracks? That's great too.

The wife said, "Maybe you should do that too". Yeah, I have no skills like that.

Truly awesome videos. I checked most of them out already, and probably look at the rest later. I even bookmarked the site!

Thanks for posting!

Larry Marley
04-21-2009, 7:07 PM
Where do you get the soundtracks?
the Music is by Kevin MacLeod. Once you have listened to his music you will find it everywhere. On commercials, YouTube. I was at Costco the other day and as I walked past a closet display with a video running on a small monitor, my son said " Hey, they are playing Marleyturned music!"
It was the same song I used in a video.
here is his web site:
http://www.incompetech.com/ (http://www.incompetech.com/)

I usually film the video and then pick the music and mix.
On this video I had the music for the intro mixed before I stepped into the shop. Music is a powerful form of expression and can effect on how you interpret the visual. Three years ago I made a video of my dog's first year, and I still can't watch it with dry eyes. If I remixed it with dueling banjos, I may cry, but not for the same reason. . . .TMI