PDA

View Full Version : Finally got a chance....

Mike Svoma
04-19-2009, 6:33 PM
Well I finally got a chance to use the new steady rest that I bought from Jeff Nicol. I was making a handle for my new 1/2" Thompson bowl gouge and I used the steady for drilling the end of the handle. It worked great. This is the steady rest that Jeff has on his website video (www.woodennicol.com (http://www.woodennicol.com)), so it is famous.:D:D:D

Mike

Steve Schlumpf
04-19-2009, 8:54 PM
Mike - looks like quite the steady rest! Handle looks like it is coming along nicely also! Hope you enjoy your Thompson gouge as much as I do. Doug's 3/4" is my go-to gouge for everything now!

Mike Svoma
04-19-2009, 9:07 PM
Thanks Steve. I do like the Thompson gouge. I am lookig at getting the 3/4" with the fingernail grind and the 3/8" with a standard gring also. Good quality tools.

Jeff Nicol
04-25-2009, 11:36 AM
Thanks Steve. I do like the Thompson gouge. I am lookig at getting the 3/4" with the fingernail grind and the 3/8" with a standard gring also. Good quality tools.
Mike, You are right that is a very nice steady rest!! Sure wish I had one as nice!! I need to add all the improvements to my original and get it painted like the Mustard Monster it does all the work on! Sorry I missed this post I must have been welding steady rests!

Thanks buddy!

Jeff