PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo doing weird things

David G Baker
04-19-2009, 3:37 PM
For the past couple of weeks Yahoo has been shoving new Home Pages at me and my friends. I can work my way around it but many of my friends are not very computer literate and it is driving them bonkers and me as well because I have to talk them through the problem created by Yahoo over the phone.
Anyone else had this Yahoo problem?

Dewey Torres
04-19-2009, 3:41 PM
I have if you are talking about the new portal which has categories on the right hand side. I hate that because it does it when I am trying to check my mail and it takes what seems like 10 extra clicks:mad: Probably just a new way to put ads in front of us:rolleyes:. It has been random for me as well.

If you figure out how to turn it off let me know. Last time they did this I opted to keep what I think they called "classic" and it solved it but this time I have not been able to find a way around it.

David G Baker
04-19-2009, 4:17 PM
Dewey,
I have been able to type my.yahoo.com on the command line (or what ever it is called) and after I sign in I go to the top of the page and hit tools, scroll down to the Internet Options and the "USE CURRENT" if in fact I am on my original homepage. This seems to work until I sign out, when I sign back in I have to go through the process all over again. If it keeps up I will find another site to use as my home page. Yahoo seems to be trying new things that may make them more money or attract more users but it may backfire because I am very irritated with them and am sure that a lot of other people are. I don't mind change if it is some form of improvement but this is just an irritant to me and friends that I have talked to.

Bruce Page
04-19-2009, 4:57 PM
You don't have SMC set as your home page? :confused::eek::D

David G Baker
04-19-2009, 8:11 PM
I should have SMC as my home page because 90% of the time I spend on line is spent on SMC. Wonder why I never complete any projects? :D