PDA

View Full Version : Another Band Saw Box

Jerry Todd
08-01-2004, 2:48 PM
This is my fifth Band Saw Box from the book "Building Beautiful Boxes with your Band Saw" by Lois Keener Ventura. The name of this one is "Cetacean Migration". Lots of fun, but this one involved a lot of hand sanding.
Jerry

Dick Parr
08-01-2004, 2:57 PM
Looks good Jerry.

Kevin Gerstenecker
08-01-2004, 3:24 PM
Very nice work Jerry. The finish looks equally as nice as the box. I will have to give one of those a shot someday. The flocking inside the drawers really adds the finishing touch. :)

Steve King
08-01-2004, 6:34 PM
Jerry
I think Lois would be proud of you work ;) What wood did you use and the inside of the drawers look like a putting green, what is it and which way does it break:confused:
Steve

Alan Tolchinsky
08-01-2004, 7:40 PM
Jerry, Very pretty box. I've made some of those and bought a spindle sander because the sanding was driving me nuts. The OSS made the work a lot more pleasureable. Now that I have an OSS I'm finding a lot of other things to do with it. Do you have one? These boxes are a lot of fun and a challenge at the same time. Alan

Ken Fitzgerald
08-01-2004, 7:59 PM
Jerry.....very NICE BOX!...................I showed it to my wife .......As soon as my shop is finished that'll probably be my next major purchase! Your work may reduce the amount of groveling I'll have to do! :rolleyes: :D Again......beautiful box!

Jim Becker
08-01-2004, 8:34 PM
Very nice, Jerry! Good to see you post a new project.

Charles McKinley
08-01-2004, 8:43 PM
Hi Jerry,

Great box. Thanks for the inspiration to go start cutting the blank I have glued up in the shop.