PDA

View Full Version : Just got home

David Wilson
08-01-2004, 2:39 PM
Hello all
The wife & I just got home from Wisconson. Spent a week visiting the inlaws , AKA outlaws and and Jane's sisters and brother. Spent a day with the brother in law removeing the old wall to wall carpet from inlaws livingroom to make it easier for mother in law who is in a wheel chair most of the time now. the installers, about 25 years ago, hadn't heard of tack strip and stapled the pad down and nailed the carpet every 3/4" around the edge. Lots of side cutter pulling. The hardwood flooring under the carpet was in great shape after a little cleaning and hole filling. The pic is of a table I built for the in laws a couple years ago and had never gotten a pic before. It is sitting on the afore mentioned hardwood flore.
Thanks for looking http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=9258&stc=1

David Wilson
08-01-2004, 2:42 PM
Forgot to mention that the table is built from white oak with 2 coats of watco natural followed by saveral coats of poly.

John Miliunas
08-01-2004, 5:07 PM
Oh sure....Spend a week in WI and don't even give me a yell! :mad: Hrmph! We coulda' had a GREAT time rebuilding that West wa..... :eek: errrrrr.....I mean, sitting out in the shop, talking smart and having a couple cold ones! :o Whereabouts in Cheeseland were you staying? BTW, nice table!!! :D :cool:

David Wilson
08-02-2004, 8:44 AM
John
We were in West Bend. LOML & I were talking abut checking out the Frank Loid Wright museum and House On The Rock This Fall. Will definately contact you if in Spring Green area.

John Miliunas
08-02-2004, 9:01 AM
John
We were in West Bend. LOML & I were talking abut checking out the Frank Loid Wright museum and House On The Rock This Fall. Will definately contact you if in Spring Green area.

Hey Dave,
OK, you were WAY East of us, so I guess I'll let it slide *this* time! BUT, if you are indeed planning a trip to visit the sites of Frank and/or House On the Rock, then a meeting will be *mandatory*!!! :D Be forewarned that both, the FL tours and the House On The Rock attractions are NOT cheap! If you've never been to the House before, be prepared for a LONG walk! It really is something amazing to see, though. :) :cool:

Jim Becker
08-02-2004, 9:05 AM
Excellent rendition of this classic table form! It's one of my favorites. (This is the first one I've seen in oak, however, and it looks great)

Tyler Howell
08-02-2004, 10:03 AM
Go Minnesota.

See! Viking types can do more than BS and collect tools. The Daves North and South are carrying the lions share of Pix right now but, chips are being made! :D

Real nice table Dave!;)