PDA

View Full Version : Blade for 10" compound miter saw

Stan Johnsey
04-19-2009, 10:35 AM
I have a Hatachi 10" compound miter saw that I want to get a better blade for. Price is a factor. I plan on using it mostly to do miter cuts on picture frames and such. I have a Forrest WWII 40T .125 on my table saw so it would be nice to have something that would also work to give me other options there as well.

Randal Stevenson
04-19-2009, 11:15 AM
While Forrest makes some blades that you will get recommended here, the only one I have experience with is a Freud on a miter saw. I use an LU85R010 and recommend it. (got it for a deal) My neighbor went locally and bought a Diablo.

Bill Huber
04-19-2009, 11:26 AM
I have a Hatachi 10" compound miter saw that I running a Diablo 60 tooth on it its does a great job, very smooth cut and the blade is cheap ($40) compared to a lot of blades.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100033809&N=10000003+90401

jim carter
04-19-2009, 12:30 PM
im using a dewalt 60 tooth carbide on hardwood and its smooth and long lasting but cost almost $60

Dave Sweeney
04-19-2009, 12:46 PM
............ I use an LU85R010 and recommend it............

+1 Great blade that produces glass smooth results.

Thad Nickoley
04-19-2009, 2:31 PM
I always use the Freud blades. The last one i bought is a Diablo. The salesman told me that all the Freud blades were called Diablo now. I dont know if this is the truth or ot but the Diablo that i am using seams to be flawless.

scott spencer
04-19-2009, 3:40 PM
I always use the Freud blades. The last one i bought is a Diablo. The salesman told me that all the Freud blades were called Diablo now. I dont know if this is the truth or ot but the Diablo that i am using seams to be flawless.

Definitely not true AFAIK. Freud has the Avanti and Diablo thin kerf lines at many homecenters, the Industrial line, and the Premier series that I know of, and there may be others.

Kelly C. Hanna
04-19-2009, 3:53 PM

Yep, true it is and they also unleashed a new line of router bits that are fantastic! Also called Diablo.

I use only Freud blades...love 'em!

Jim Andrew
04-19-2009, 11:16 PM
I put one of those Dewalt blades on my Makita scms and am not very happy with it. Was one of those 2 blade packs, put the 40 tooth on my dewalt portable table saw and the 60 tooth on the miter saw, but I've had better blades. The Dewalt 80 tooth on my old 12" miter saw is at least twice the blade of the 60 tooth 10".

jerry nazard
04-19-2009, 11:59 PM

The salesman was wrong. I know that salespeople are rarely wrong, but....

Bill Huber
04-20-2009, 10:17 AM
What is a little funny is if you go to the Freud site they don't show the Diablo or the Avanita blades at all. The only saw blades they show are the Industrial Series LU and LM, they used to have the others listed on the site.

I wonder if they are dropping the lower lines.

Where is Charles M when you need him.....?

Randal Stevenson
04-20-2009, 10:47 AM
What is a little funny is if you go to the Freud site they don't show the Diablo or the Avanita blades at all. The only saw blades they show are the Industrial Series LU and LM, they used to have the others listed on the site.

I wonder if they are dropping the lower lines.

Where is Charles M when you need him.....?

It has been like that for a while. They were changing the site, because I asked that, and if they had a thin kerf Fusion blade coming out, around a year ago.

I think since the buyout, the website is on the back burner.

scott spencer
04-20-2009, 2:14 PM
I put one of those Dewalt blades on my Makita scms and am not very happy with it. Was one of those 2 blade packs, put the 40 tooth on my dewalt portable table saw and the 60 tooth on the miter saw, but I've had better blades. The Dewalt 80 tooth on my old 12" miter saw is at least twice the blade of the 60 tooth 10".

The DW 2-packs are from their Construction Series 20 line, and they're just not very suitable for wwing IMO....more for rough carpentry. Since B&D bought Pentair, they've stopped having Leitz make their Delta industrial line, and have moved DW's top Series 60 to the Delta name....same model #s with a "35" prefix (35-7657, 35-7640, etc). There are still plenty of DW Series 40 and Series 60 blades around that are very good, but I'm not sure if any new stock is being manufactured. Their new "Precision Trim" series is a pretty good bargain in a thin kerf line if they're on sale.