PDA

View Full Version : Co2 laser Question

Mike Garick
04-18-2009, 8:05 PM
I am having problems with lasering granite...This has been ongoing since i bought the machine in January..hoping someone out there knows the solution.....I have attached 2 photos...the one on the right...If you will notice...All the white area is smooth and even...the picture on the left, the white areas are splotchy? These two pics are from the same slice of 12 x 12 granite and cut to 4X6. I can laser one picture and it may come out fine and even...and the next time it will be splotchy...I am using the same settings for my machine for granite. I did 3 photos for one lady...all 3 slices of granite was from the same 12 x 12....I lasered one piece after another....2 was splotchy and one was ok? any sugestions? It got a little better when I went from a 2.0 lense to a 1.5....:confused:

Thanks in Advance
Mike

Joe Pelonio
04-18-2009, 10:42 PM
Was it solid black when you started? Once you break the surface the inside is totally irregular and unpredictable. Use faster speed or less power for better results, when you go too deep you reveal the blotches.

Mike Garick
04-18-2009, 10:48 PM
Started all black...running a 45 watt system at 21 percent power and 100 percent speed..not hitting it very hard at all right now?.