PDA

View Full Version : Problem:Whats with the WYSIWYG Editor?

Dominic Greco
08-01-2004, 11:13 AM
For some reason when I enable the WYSIWYG editor, I cannot access the text portion (where you type in the text that makes up the body of the post) in the "Post New Thread". I CAN access the "Title" section.

In addition, I cannot use the "manage attachments" button to add photos, or the "add link" button to link to off-site photos. But this happens in the "standard Editor" mode as well as the "enhanced editor" mode.

I have been trying since last night to post some 5 Barn BBQ photos for all to see and just can't get it to work.

One more thing, this problem extends to the "Private Message" screen as well.

Any help here?

Jackie Outten
08-01-2004, 4:42 PM
Dominic,

It's most likely a browser issue according to Aaron. Make sure your cache isn't full. Try accessing the creek with the most updated version of Internet Explorer, or use Mozilla, Firefox, or Opera to see if the problem persists. (You'll see that it isn't the 'Creek)

Dominic Greco
08-01-2004, 10:25 PM
Dominic,

It's most likely a browser issue according to Aaron. Make sure your cache isn't full. Try accessing the creek with the most updated version of Internet Explorer, or use Mozilla, Firefox, or Opera to see if the problem persists. (You'll see that it isn't the 'Creek)

Emptied the cache, deleted all downloaded internet files, deleted all cookies. Still the same story.

Downloaded latest version of Netscape. It gives me the same problems that IE does. After going through the download and install for Netscape, I really don't want to download any more browsers.

I doubt this is a browser related issue. (2) different browsers are giving me the same results.

This is a real recent problem. Up until yesterday evening, I was able to post pictures, download photos, and use the Private Message function.

Tomorrow, I will try to download the photos from my work computer. If that works, then I know it's an issue with my computer here at home.

Dominic Greco
08-02-2004, 10:51 AM
OK, I found that I can work just fine from the computer here at work. I can use the "Manage Attachment" button to upload files, get my Private Messages, and use links in documents.

Now all I need to do is figure out why I can't do this at home! Funny thing is, my computer at home is the same model, with the same exact OS loaded. Go figure.

Thanks,

Michael Ballent
08-02-2004, 2:59 PM
Probably different spyware loaded on both machines ;)