PDA

View Full Version : I've been wanting some of these for a long time

Myk Rian
04-17-2009, 2:08 PM
Every time I get to a Woodcraft or other WW store, there are 2 tools I am always looking at. An awl, and marking knife.

Every time I am holding these tools, I keep thinking, well, I use a 7mm pencil and a spindle from a thread micrometer to mark and align holes for drilling, so I don't need these now.

Monday, we were packing the car to go to the house in northern Mi. when the mail came. I was handed a package and the Monday marriage mail. The package was for me, and from Northwind Associates. Hmm, I didn't remember ordering anything.

Back in Dec 08 and Jan 09, SMC was holding a contest for the 1,000,000th post on the website. I was the lucky dog, even though my statement was wrong. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showpost.php?p=1008651

When I opened the package, inside I found 2 of the most beautiful tools I have ever seen. An awl, and a marking knife. True works of art.
Keith, these are really nice. Thank you so much.

Now, if you would tell me what species of wood they are made from, I will get to work making a proper case for them.

Trace Beard
04-17-2009, 4:44 PM
Very nice! Congratulations on being the million man.

Dewey Torres
04-17-2009, 5:45 PM
Congrats!

I have been waiting to see what you got. We were all gunning for the 1 mil that night:cool:

Bruce Page
04-17-2009, 6:25 PM
Is this place great or what! Those are NICE!
Congrats.

Jeff Willard
04-17-2009, 8:42 PM
I'm not Keith, but it looks like cocobolo to me.

Jim Kountz
04-17-2009, 10:27 PM
Very nice tools Myk. Thats the kind of tools that will give you a really nice feeling everytime you use them.
Congrats!!

Steve Rozmiarek
04-18-2009, 12:06 AM
Those are sweet! Enjoy, and congrats, even though the rest of us are a little jealous....

Ken Fitzgerald
04-18-2009, 12:18 AM
Congrats Myk! Looks like nice tools. I'd bet they are some Dave Anderson tools.

Bruce Page
04-18-2009, 12:25 AM
Congrats Myk! Looks like nice tools. I'd bet they are some Dave Anderson tools.

That's what I was thinking!

John Keeton
04-18-2009, 5:02 AM
Myk, there was a mistake in shipping - those were supposed to go to me. Let me know when you get the box made for them, and I will give you my address:D

Nice!!!!

Carroll Courtney
04-18-2009, 8:07 AM
MLK,congrats on beening the choosen one.I to have always wanted a marking knife and every time I go to the local WC store I forget:mad:I hit the double nickle last week and my memory is getting worse.With the LOML it became my excuse.So far its working:D----Carroll