PDA

View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's"

Karl Laustrup
04-17-2009, 9:23 AM
Friday April 17, 2009

GOOD MORNING "CREEKERS"!

I'm a little late this morning with the "Doin's" thread. I can blame the weather. The last few days have been really great, with today scheduled to be the best. I've been trying to think of what I want to do first today and the "Doin's" thread wasn't the first thing to pop in my head. :o

I really want to hit the golf course and I may later today when the temps reach into the 70's. Yesterday I got all the screens cleaned and installed so we can enjoy the fresh clean air. I also spent Wednesday and Thursday getting all the windows cleaned so we can see out of them.

I need to get the snow thrower off the JD and the mower deck on, but I'm not sure that will happen today. It won't be long though before the lawn will require it's first trim. I also have to aereate the lawn and run the roller over the lawn to smooth things out a wee bit.

Tomorrow is supposed to be pretty nice also, so maybe LOML and I will hit the links and work out the kinks in the swing. Sunday is supposed to be rainy, so I'll be spending the day indoors, I'm sure. Other than that I'm just going to try and get outdoors and enjoy this weather.

So, how are things in your neck of the woods? What'cha up to this weekend? Fun, games, projects, work?

Whatever you've got on the agenda I hope you make the most of it and enjoy. Please be SAFE.

Karl

Ken Fitzgerald
04-17-2009, 9:40 AM
Continue working on the table for the LOML.

Sunday...maybe take the LOML and go for a drive upriver towards Montana. It's supposed to be near 80º F Sunday.

Jim O'Dell
04-17-2009, 9:41 AM
Rain here today and most of tomorrow. Have a new rescue dog to pick up in Waco on Sunday. Family witnessed dog running loose, tried to catch it, but it got hit by a car. Vet took care of repairing broken leg, but will take a couple months rehab before he will be able to go to a new home. This is the third broken leg dog we've had in 5 years. Vet did the leg repair gratis!!!! We'll offer some money to help offset the expenses. I know the plates they use are expensive.
Other than that, a fellow Creeker is bringing back some alignment stuff he needed to use on Saturday. Maybe I'll spend some time putting up the vapor barrier on the walls of the assembly/finishing room, and put the rest of the insulation I have on the home made light fixtures in the ceiling. Play Safe!! Jim.

Joe Pelonio
04-17-2009, 9:41 AM
We had snow a week ago, but tomorrow it's supposed to be sunny and hit 70, Sunday sunny and 75!!:eek:

I think it's time to do my first mowing of the season, it's getting a little shaggy. I think both days my wife and I will take some long walks in the woods and enjoy the moss, trilliums and skunk cabbages.

Keith Domingue
04-17-2009, 10:25 AM
It is suppose to rain here this weekend, so golf may be out, but I would like to at least get to the driving range. I am suppose to play next week and I am pretty rusty.

I hope to get into the shop and work on a couple of small projects I have been planning.

Roy Bennett
04-17-2009, 10:50 AM
My volenteer group at church has been saving a huge hunk of Mahogany, 8"x2"x104" S4S, and have decided to use it to make 24 crosses to be used as centerpieces in the dining hall.

I will be nervous on that first cut. Beautiful piece of wood!

Russ Boyd
04-17-2009, 11:20 AM
Heading to Seattle in a few minutes to See a Mariners game and come back after. Should get home about 3a.m., sleep for a few, late morning appt. for some additional work, back home, then to the home show to see what's new. Sunday, I'm not sure.

Craig Moulton
04-17-2009, 11:31 AM
Tomorrow I drive up by Atlanta to look at a sailboat, and buy a 14" PM bandsaw from Jay(!).

Sunday will be spent cleaning the garage....

Jason White
04-17-2009, 11:33 AM
Now that it's warm enough in the shop, I'm building a new rolling cart for my portable 13" Delta thickness planer (tired of lugging the damned thing up off of the floor when I need it).

Jason

Friday April 17, 2009

GOOD MORNING "CREEKERS"!

I'm a little late this morning with the "Doin's" thread. I can blame the weather. The last few days have been really great, with today scheduled to be the best. I've been trying to think of what I want to do first today and the "Doin's" thread wasn't the first thing to pop in my head. :o

I really want to hit the golf course and I may later today when the temps reach into the 70's. Yesterday I got all the screens cleaned and installed so we can enjoy the fresh clean air. I also spent Wednesday and Thursday getting all the windows cleaned so we can see out of them.

I need to get the snow thrower off the JD and the mower deck on, but I'm not sure that will happen today. It won't be long though before the lawn will require it's first trim. I also have to aereate the lawn and run the roller over the lawn to smooth things out a wee bit.

Tomorrow is supposed to be pretty nice also, so maybe LOML and I will hit the links and work out the kinks in the swing. Sunday is supposed to be rainy, so I'll be spending the day indoors, I'm sure. Other than that I'm just going to try and get outdoors and enjoy this weather.

So, how are things in your neck of the woods? What'cha up to this weekend? Fun, games, projects, work?

Whatever you've got on the agenda I hope you make the most of it and enjoy. Please be SAFE.

Karl

Todd Trebuna
04-17-2009, 11:36 AM
Cleanup at Mother-in-Law's for Spring. Then working on converting Garage to Woodshop. YAY.
Starting a light duty.woodworking Bench tomorrow.

Byron Trantham
04-17-2009, 12:09 PM
Continue with Spring yard cleanup and cutting sheet goods for 13', floor to ceiling breakfront bookcase.

Matt Meiser
04-17-2009, 5:03 PM
I'm starting the weekend by spending Friday afternoon/evening at the airport and on planes yet again. :( On the bright side I have a good job which is something to be thankful for right now. I'll probably end up taking off Monday to make up for the past couple weeks.

Saturday afternoon we are celebrating LOMLjr's birthday with my inlaws, then Sunday with my family. In the rest of the time I'll hopefully get a little time to work on a couple projects I need to get done on the house and maybe even work on my long-neglected planer restoration.

Pat Germain
04-17-2009, 5:59 PM
We had a heck of a snowstorm today. More snow and rain are expected tomorrow.

When Mrs. Pat gets home, I have to replace the water pump on her Jeep Cherokee. I replaced it a few years ago and now the bearing is shot. I'm pretty sure I installed a NAPA lifetime water pump last time. If I can find the receipt, the new one is free!