PDA

View Full Version : help needed with CDx3

Dale Davies
04-16-2009, 6:40 PM
Rate this Entry (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/blog.php?b=79&nojs=1) http://www.sawmillcreek.org/images/misc/menu_open.gif
coreldrawX3 help

Posted Today at 2:58 PM by Dale Davies (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/blog.php?u=17426)
Hi everyone...another first timer here. My coreldrawx3 doesn't seem to be doing the job it should. I purchaced a disc on lasering a victorian doll house and some of the files open up and some i get a 'invalid file format. This program is running on my laptop with windows xp. I downloaded coreldraw on by wifes desktop and the program works fine...but i need it on mine. The disc was bought from laserbits (laserbuzz). The question i need a answer to is this...i want to dump cdx3 and re-load it....but how do i save my files. I put " cdx3 disc 1" in my laptop to see if it could correct any of the problems there may be but to no avail. Any ideas/help would be very appreciated. I couldn't fine anything on corels website so it's time to ask the pro's...thanks in advance for your time and have yourself a great day!!!...dale

Mike Mackenzie
04-16-2009, 6:47 PM
Dale,

If you re load the Corel it will not delete your saved CDR files. If you want to be sure just do a windows search for .CDR and copy them into a separate folder. If you are planning to re format the hard drive then you need to copy those files off to a jump drive or CD.

I would try to use the F8 key and restore Corel back to the default install and see if that corrects the problems before doing a re-load.

John Noell
04-16-2009, 8:15 PM
And Welcome to the Creek Dale! (I have learned a HUGE amount here myself. Very nice people come here.)

Dale Davies
04-16-2009, 11:59 PM
hey mike...i dumped cdx3 and reloaded it and i was able to retrieve 2 more of the files but not the other 2. So i repeated the dump and reloaded them again, but no luck. It just does'nt make any sense. !3 of the 15 open....any more ideas????.....or do i need a really big hammer...kidding....may-be

Mike Null
04-17-2009, 6:43 AM
I don't think your problem is with X3. It may be the disc you purchased from Laserbits. Or maybe the drive.

Ed Maloney
04-17-2009, 7:31 AM
hey mike...i dumped cdx3 and reloaded it and i was able to retrieve 2 more of the files but not the other 2. So i repeated the dump and reloaded them again, but no luck. It just does'nt make any sense. !3 of the 15 open....any more ideas????.....or do i need a really big hammer...kidding....may-be

Are all the files .cdr's?

Mike Mackenzie
04-17-2009, 11:45 AM
Dale,

If you can open them on another system then try to open one that you are having problems with then save it to a jump drive and then bring it to the laptop and see if it opens correctly.

Dale Davies
04-18-2009, 4:51 PM
Thank-you to all that help me with my corel problem. It wasn't resolved but i found a way of going around it. Awesome site...thank-you again

Dave Johnson29
04-18-2009, 5:42 PM
It wasn't resolved but i found a way of going around it.

Hi Dale,

Glad you figured out a work around but it would be nice if you could also post that process in case someone else has the same problem.

Some time in the future a search would return that a resolution was found but give no idea what it might be. :)

Dale Davies
04-18-2009, 7:20 PM
great idea dave...sorry about that, blame it on the learning curve...the file was suppose to open up in photo paint where as 12 did but 3 wouldn't. So out of desperation a dragged it in cd and POOF it worked. But the reason why it wouldn't work will remain a mystery i guess....thanks again everyone!!!