PDA

View Full Version : And the Decision is . . .

Jeff Ranck
04-16-2009, 4:00 PM
I want to take time to thank everyone for answering my questions as I tried to decide what bandsaw to buy. After all the research, reading, agonizing, and head scratching, I placed an order with Jesse at Eagle Tools for an Agazzani B-20. I should ship out on Monday, so I have little time to get the shop reorganized to clear the space where it will stand.

Two more questions: Folks have suggested casters from either Great Lakes or Zambus (AC-300S) for mobility (which I will need).

Q1: Where do folks buy the Zambus casters? When I went to check on a price, Zambus.com wanted me to submit a form for a bid. Seems overkill for 4 casters.

Q2: What model of Great Lakes Caster is comparable?

Thanks again for all the help.

Jeff.

Cliff Rohrabacher
04-16-2009, 5:31 PM
http://www.greatlakescaster.com/great_lakes_caster___swivel_caster_with_stabilizer _leg___175_stabilizing_casters_with_a_220lbs_capac ity_in_motion_and_a_550lbs_capacity_when_the_stabi lizer_leg_in_extended-LV-1710-NYP-S-M12.php
cheaper than Zambus.

Chris Ricker
04-16-2009, 11:34 PM
I have the Greatlakes casters on my Griz J/P and they work very well. don't hesitate unless you have a rough and uneven floor.

Don Bullock
04-16-2009, 11:55 PM
Congratulations Jeff. Jesse over at Eagle Tools is a fantastic guy and he runs a super company. Their customer service is second to none. If I had the money for a big band saw an Agazzani from Eagle Tools would top my list too. Let us know how you like it.

Steve Rozmiarek
04-17-2009, 2:27 AM
I just got eight Great Lakes castors in the mail today, four for a lathe, and four for a tooling chest. I don't know about them, my first inpression is not so hot. The fist one I grabbed out of the box has the adjusting mechanism siezed up. The second works ok, but easy to adjust they are not. I suppose that I need to get them installed before I gripe, so take all this for what its worth.

Congrats on the new saw!

Joe Jensen
04-17-2009, 3:43 AM
I bought 3 sets from Zambus. I think I sent an email asking for a price with shipping to my zip code. Here is what they sent me. Shipping was like $10.

Mr. Jensen,

In response to your inquiry, I'd like to advise you following information:
Model : AC-300S
Unit Price : $ 35.13 each
Minium order q’ty is 4 casters with increment of 4.
Availability : In Stock
Lead time : Ship within 24 hours after order receipt
Delivery : FOB New Jersey
Payment : Credit card or Net 30 on approved account

Pleaes email me with any questions or concerns.

Thank you very much for your inquiry.

Best regards,
Michelle

Josh Rudolph
04-17-2009, 8:56 AM
Jeff,

I just put 4 of the GL self leveling casters that Cliff linked to. I thought one of my casters was seized also. It just took a little more effort and freed up. I can move my 17" G0513x2 around my shop with 2 fingers. They perform great for the cost and their function. If you do go with GL, be sure to check out some of their other casters. I picked up a couple other casters for 1/3 price that I can find them locally.

Josh