PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with a alignment Question on a Pinnacle m25

Anthony Javier
04-16-2009, 12:08 AM
Hello all,
I am attepmting a minor beam alignment following page 99 of my manual to the "T". I understand the concept but at a point it states to move the head to the bottom right hand corner. My issue is while in the "hardware test" settings after I set the power to 10% I cant figure out how to move the head to the bottom corner from the control panel? I think I read the new series lasers you can grab the head and move it where you want. Is this what I do? After setting the power to 10% grab the head unit and pull and push to the bottom with my hand? Im Skarrred to break it. O please laser Guru's I want to play with this system, I have had it for 5 weeks and havent been able to use it correctly yet. Also any Pinnacle service techs in the northern CA area?
Thanks,
Anthony

John W. Love
04-16-2009, 12:48 AM
Hey Anthony,
I have a Pinnacle 45 W. and trust me it will make all the difference in the world when you make the alignment. As long as you arent forcing the head to move you will be fine. It should just easily slide back and forth and then just move the whole thing to the right and then front. I know the instructions say bottom right corner, that is the front right hand corner closest to you. It will be the farthest from the laser source. When you have it all in the right front corner then place a piece of masking tape over the opening in the head. you will see your red beam there. Have a second person help you align the beam. While you are adjusting the mirror at the back have them tell you when the beam and the burn hole that you create in the tape are perfectly aligned.
I realize this is a rough job explaining the procedure, but since you have the manual just follow the steps and you will be fine. Be very attentive to which screws it says not to touch as this will be nearly impossible to get it all aligned again lol.
Hope this helps.

John

Anthony Javier
04-16-2009, 1:04 AM
Oh thank you, thank you. Just need to confirm be for I start yanking on things:rolleyes:. As it is now I only see the red beam on the table from the top left to the right about 4" and down about 3". So on my 25"x18" I get 4"x3". I hope this works.

Rodne Gold
04-16-2009, 3:13 AM
The KEY to alignment on the GCC's is to align the red beam with the laser. The way to do this is to place a target on the wall about 3m from the machine , remove the bottom mirror and access door and test fire at the target and adjust the red beam to be as close to the target firing as possible.
If you do that , then the red beam is ALWAYS coincident with the laser beam right over the table.
So now alignment is pretty easy cos you dont really have to test fire a million times and can use the red beam as a guide to align , cos as I have said before the red beam and laser should no fire at the same spot.
Obviously you need to check that it does so.

Richard Rumancik
04-16-2009, 11:39 PM
Anthony, my suggestion to you would be to find someone who can spend a day with you and walk you though the alignment procedure and running a dozen different kinds of jobs. If you didn't buy through a dealer or rep they won't do it for free but you need to find someone (dealer, rep, maybe even a competitor in another city?) who can give you some hands-on experience. You should be cautious operating your machine but not intimidated by it. If you are too worried about breaking it, it will be a long time before you get up to speed on how to operate it. I think it would be worth the money to get you running quickly and with operating it with confidence. Good luck!