PDA

View Full Version : Delta Drill press help

Carole Valentine
07-31-2004, 10:32 AM
I have the 17-965 16 1/2" floor press and NOWHERE can I find the size of the bolt that you loosen to tilt the table...the manual doesn't say and the parts list just says "bolt" (big help). I think it may be metric as a 1" closed wrench is too big, I really don't know. Don't want to make any more "guessing" trips to NAPA and they close at noon. :-(

Greg Heppeard
07-31-2004, 12:09 PM
As I look at the clock...I'm sorry I'm late. If you haven't found it by now, call your local Woodcraft. I'm pretty sure they will have one on the floor and can measure the bolt head for you.

Mike Cutler
07-31-2004, 12:21 PM
Carole. I have the next size Delta drill press down from yours. Mine uses a 19mm metric 6 sided socket, or a 3/4" 12 point socket. Make sure you remove the center indexing bolt or the wall of the socket may be too thick to clear the indexing bolt and go over the bigger bolt. Hope this helps.

Carole Valentine
07-31-2004, 12:50 PM
Thanks anyway, Guys. Turned out to be 15/16. The Napa guy gave me a handfull of wrenches on either side of 1" to take home and try. Don't know why Delta doesn't bother to mention the size of wrench needed in the manual.