04-15-2009, 7:51 AM
Watch this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY

Mitchell Andrus
04-15-2009, 8:57 AM
A big thank you for posting these.

Bob Moyer
04-15-2009, 1:03 PM
Watch it with the lyrics and tell me you don't get a little choked up!!!

I dreamed a dream in time gone by,
When hope was high and life, worth living.
I dreamed that love would never die,
I dreamed that God would be forgiving.
Then I was young and unafraid,
And dreams were made and used and wasted.
There was no ransom to be paid,
No song unsung, no wine, untasted.

But the tigers come at night,
With their voices soft as thunder,
As they tear your hope apart,
And they turn your dream to shame.

He slept a summer by my side,
He filled my days with endless wonder...
He took my childhood in his stride,
But he was gone when autumn came!

And still I dream he'll come to me,
That we will live the years together,
But there are dreams that cannot be,
And there are storms we cannot weather!

I had a dream my life would be
So different from this hell I'm living,
So different now from what it seemed...
Now life has killed the dream I dreamed

Don Abele
04-15-2009, 5:53 PM
Bob, someone posted this here last night and I heard on the news this morning that the total views on YouTube had gone from 2,000,000 to 5,000,000 in less than 24 hours. I see the count is now well over 7,000,000 (and that report was at 8am this morning!).

I hope that everyone that is watching is truly awed by her performance and shamed by their initial impression. Beauty comes in all forms...and she is absolutely tops!

Be well,

Doc

Dennis Peacock
04-15-2009, 6:15 PM
Totally and utterly amazing!!! Brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for sharing the link.

Colin Giersberg
04-15-2009, 6:18 PM
I am impressed. I saw it yesterday and I was blown away.
Also, the song kinda sounds like her life.

Thanks for posting the link.
Regards, Colin

John Shuk
04-15-2009, 9:29 PM
"I hope that everyone that is watching is truly awed by her performance and shamed by their initial impression. Beauty comes in all forms...and she is absolutely tops!"

I thought the way she was treated in the beginning was an embarrassment. It really represents so much that I find distasteful. Her voice is amazing and I too got a bit choked up. Even later in the day when I heard it again on a radio show.

Mike Cutler
04-15-2009, 9:35 PM
That is so stunning, It's unbelievable! How this woman went unnoticed with that gift is amazing.
I have listened to it at least a dozen times and have tried to find fault with it, and there is none. She is completely on key, and that climb through the octaves at 2:00 lasted almost 18 seconds.

I know us tough guys aren't supposed to be into opera, but the lifelong musician in me would go watch this women perform any time.

Amazing, simply amazing.

Pat Germain
04-15-2009, 10:20 PM
I know us tough guys aren't supposed to be into opera, but the lifelong musician in me would go watch this women perform any time.

No need to worry about losing your Official Tough Guy Membership Card, Mike. The song is from "Les Miserables" which is a broadway musical, but not an opera. ;)

Nancy Laird
04-15-2009, 11:29 PM
I've gotten this link via e-mail four times in the last two days, and watch it every time. And every time I get choked up. It really burns me up that Simon seems to want to make his judgments from the looks of the contestant, rather than waiting to see the performance and make the call AFTERWARD. I was so glad to see that he was blown away - after his smirking before she started to sing.

Mike Cutler
04-16-2009, 5:28 AM
No need to worry about losing your Official Tough Guy Membership Card, Mike. The song is from "Les Miserables" which is a broadway musical, but not an opera. ;)

Whew!! I was worried there for a sec.:eek:
Can us tough guys go see a broadway musical and not get points taken off our membership?

I've watched that video again, and I am still just stunned.

Phyllis Meyer
04-16-2009, 9:16 AM
Thanks for posting that Bob! How true we shouldn't judge a book by it's cover...there would have been many books un-read! This woman is so beautiful, and it should make us all believe that if we work hard enough and believe...GOOD THINGS WILL HAPPEN!

Phyllis:)

Bob Moyer
04-16-2009, 9:42 AM
Unlikely singing sensation eyes date with queen

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/TV/04/16/susan.boyle.simon.cowell/index.html

Bob Moyer
04-16-2009, 11:40 AM
http://watching-tv.ew.com/2009/04/susan-boyle-cbs.html?iid=top25-Susan+Boyle+on+CBS+'Early+Show'%3A+Watch+talent+tr iumph+over+show-biz+again+this+morning

John Shuk
04-16-2009, 9:30 PM
I can't get enough of her singing that song.

Brent Leonard
04-17-2009, 9:33 PM
Rotfl.........

Belinda Barfield
04-19-2009, 7:50 AM
Just goes to show, sometimes good things happen to good people.:)