PDA

View Full Version : Project pictures, finally!

Zahid Naqvi
07-31-2004, 12:22 AM
Ok guys, this week I finally took a few pictures of some of the projects you guys have helped me with and got them printed by Walmart with the on-line images option. So here they are. Many lessons learned with each.

The first one is a CD shelf/rack, I forget where I saw the original plan (it was on one of the popular woodworking sites, perhaps popular woodworking) but the spline in the middle and the two tone wood was my own hack. Lighter wood is Poplar, dark top is Western Red Cedar. No stain just a few coats of Poly. The picture with the full view is slightly out of focus (deliberate attempt to hide flaws ;) ;) ) I put the CD rack on the floor for the picture, it will eventually go on a wall with French cleats.

The bookshelf is my first Woodworking project (self designed on top of that). Birch Plywood with cherry stain (hey it was my first project finishing/staining was not top priority at that time) and several coats of polyurethane. In my enthusiasm to break in my new router I rounded out all corners, including the bottom. Realized later that the book shelf will have trouble staying upright :confused: , so I hacked the bottom stand/foot. What can I say being a Unix sys admin hacking never gets out of your system. ;)

Ken Fitzgerald
07-31-2004, 12:33 AM
Zahid.....looks good to me! :D The recovery on your bookstand/entertainment center......gee......nobody else has ever had to recover from a mistake..... :eek: ;) :rolleyes: Seriously we are all always learning or we are in the grave or should be! I like your recovery! Nice first projects!

Jim Becker
07-31-2004, 9:19 AM
Beautiful work, Zahid! Thanks for posting the pics...I look forward to more!

Roy Wall
07-31-2004, 3:16 PM
Well done Zahid! Nice projects to start - functional and beautiful at the same time. Keep it coming.....!!!!

Dennis Peacock
07-31-2004, 4:35 PM
Looks good bud.....!!!!!!!!!!!

What mistakes? I don't see any!!! :D

Nice work and keep on posting those pics.