PDA

View Full Version : My first real gloat - and i think it's a good one....

Brad Ridgway
04-13-2009, 9:41 PM
Exaktor EX60 -> $56

I'm sure at least one of the other two bidders is probably creeker, but i was willing to pay quite a bit more than what it sold for, so don't feel bad...

There goes some of the space i've cleaned up in the shop recently, but i think this will come in handy for the kitchen cabinets, master closet,and other built-ins i hope to do in the next few years...

this will attach to my last half-hearted announcement of my Pm66 acquisition (i don't think it was really a gloat)... Pro #2, i can drop the left hand wing i can't seem to get even with the top, Neg #2, i have to cut not only the rails but the outfeed table i just built....

keith ouellette
04-13-2009, 10:00 PM
Are you saying you bought one of these for $56? If so thats quite a buy. I had to look it up though because I didn't know what it was.

http://www.factorynew.com/detail.aspx?Recnum=ST-300417

Brad Ridgway
04-14-2009, 9:00 AM
That's the one... Well it's used, but the claim is very lightly...

However, this may turn into a rant instead of a gloat as the seller is apparently hoping to get out of the deal after creating the auction w/o a reserve and having his brother get rather peaved that they are getting almost nothing for it...

Wade Lippman
04-14-2009, 5:02 PM
That's too bad; I hope it turns out for you.

I won an auction for 200bf of oak for $0.99. I figured the guy would refuse to honor it, but he actually helped me load. You might still get lucky.

keith ouellette
04-14-2009, 5:22 PM
Part of me wants to say if they were stupid enough not to have a reserve price then they deserve what they get,

The other part says if they were that stupid you should take pity on them.

Brad Ridgway
04-14-2009, 6:33 PM
Ya we talked today and he intends to honor it... hoping to pick up tomorrow night (probably going to offer to take a biesemeyer miter saw table off his hands too for more than they wanted in the auction as a gesture even if i don't need it)