PDA

View Full Version : Zeitgeist--the movie, how many have watched it

mark page
04-13-2009, 6:19 PM
Here lately I have been trying to achieve a better understanding of national and global economics, mainly just due to some things striking at the home front. I came across this video on a google search and it seems very enlightening/alarming on how economics work, plus items on natural resources. Not wanting to start a political debate here, so lets leave politics out of it. This video brings up some explicit economic cause/effect viewpoints no matter what nation you live in. Just like there are laws of physics, there are also laws of economics. Watch it yourself and and see what you think. You need to have 1.5 hrs of free time to watch it though.
www zeitgeistmovie dot com.

Don Abele
04-13-2009, 6:49 PM
Mark, there's a sequel to the original and it's worth every minute to watch as well (especially since it deals with more current topics). The information presented in both is presented for you to digest and come to your own conclusions. It does not force any opinions or conspiracy theories on you.

Be well,

Doc

John Shuk
04-14-2009, 10:09 AM
I found it interesting for sure.

John Schreiber
04-14-2009, 3:18 PM
I haven't seen it, but what I read tells me not to bother.

Spend some time investigating the movie's claims. It could be that everything it says is true and that there is a giant conspiracy trying to keep the truth from coming out. But it's much more likely to be a mass of misquotes, false statements, insinuations and emotional traps, with just enough truth to confuse.

Like any other exceptional idea, I'd look for ways to disprove it and if I couldn't disprove it, then I'd accept it.

Neal Clayton
04-14-2009, 3:34 PM
I haven't seen it, but what I read tells me not to bother.

basically.

there is no global conspiracy. there is no secret world government. the government didn't blow up the WTC.

every shot fired in the history of man has been over money (even when the shots were from spears or bows and arrows). if you wanna know the reasoning behind any disaster, look at who profits from it, there's your answer.