PDA

View Full Version : Cable TV- TVLAND Station.

Christopher Pine
04-12-2009, 10:09 PM
I watch on cable (comcast) the tvland station. For a very long time (couple years) usually in the evenings, this station has a habit of showing just the first few seconds of commercials and then they are cut off and it goes to another commercial. Anyone else have this? Just curious?

Chris

David G Baker
04-12-2009, 11:52 PM
I put commercials on the air for just under a year and the only thing that I can think of is the under trained technicians that do the switching in break control or the folks that dub the commercials on to tape or disk are very sloppy when doing the dubs. With all of the networks trying to save money they are switching to automation to save money and sometimes the equipment the smaller stations use are hand-me-downs from larger market stations that have out grown the equipment and sometimes the equipment has outlived its usefulness or is ready for the scrap heap by the time the less affluent stations get it.
We would donate our older equipment to Public Television stations when we upgraded and take a big tax write off. Some of the Public Television stations had some very gifted technicians that would keep the equipment running for years.

Eric Roberge
04-13-2009, 12:26 AM
Basically poor timing of the local broadcast inserting the local commercials over the national feed.